Red Dead Redemption

Very nice ! After seeing Motorstorm 3D, I think this is the kind of game that can showcase 3D stereoscopic gaming. I can almost visualize the 3D volume in my mind when I see the screenshots !

Can't wait. The reactions to gun shots are incredibly lifelike. Multiplayer modes look fun, but I hope you can play without the targeting assist.

Can't wait. The reactions to gun shots are incredibly lifelike. Multiplayer modes look fun, but I hope you can play without the targeting assist.

It is looking really awesome. I might have to set aside some time so I can play multi player with you guys when it comes out.

Ok new trailer arrived...The gameplay looks like so much fun and the looks of this game are :oops: just wow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImwR0apkuzA&feature=player_embedded
Thanks for the link!

Animations are top notch - for me, they look better than the Uncharted 2 animations!!
It seems to me that there is a great variety of weapons as well...I hope now that they can get a dense SP campaign with good story (for the record: GTA4 is one of the worst games ever made...IMO of course, could not play the game longer than 2 hours or so)

But the shown graphics make me a little bit nervous (and the fact that only the Xbox360 version is shown :cry:)...I hope that the PS3 version can keep the pace, I maybe even buy the Xbox360 version if necessary!

Same here...I generally don't like to buy multiplat games for Xbox 360 but if its anything like GTA4 I'll have to get the 360 ver instead.

Hmm........no jagged shadows in the trailer ! Considering GTA IV this sounds really fishy.

Otherwise the trailer has just kicked some major ass ! B)

There seems to be a "mark and execute" like feature in the RDR similar to Splinter Cell. The video looked amazing. With this, Alan Wake and Reach Beta, I won't be picking up Lost Planet 2.

Hmm........no jagged shadows in the trailer ! Considering GTA IV this sounds really fishy.

Otherwise the trailer has just kicked some major ass ! B)

Maybe they use the new algorithm that was just patched in the PC version of GTA4?

There seems to be a "mark and execute" like feature in the RDR similar to Splinter Cell..

that's Dead Eye... it slows down in SP (there are 3 levels) but is full speed in MP.

also there are 3 difficulty settings that relate to aiming (not dead eye) as well

Casual Mode = Full auto aim and faster health regeneration
Normal Mode = Snap-to-target and precise aiming with the right stick
Expert Mode = None of the assists

I'm hoping the MP is set to Expert mode by default. A lock on system in MP will really kill the deal for me.

I believe some people surmised from the vids that there are different MP rooms (based on the diff setting) that offer those as options

Well GTA4 didn't really had any jagged shadows either, it was just dithered shadows with lots of flickering either ways...I have noticed them in some old screenshots of RDR, they probably made them better now.

Hmm....well, anyways tech is supposed to improve over the years. As for GTA , I have only plated the PC version, but heard a lot about flickering shadows on the consoles. Also, even the PC version had no kind of AA option. I guess they have impro ed upon both the aspects.

Its just that the video looks too good for an open world game that too on the consoles :p ! Maybe its just my small Ipod Touch screen which is making it look too good. Will chk later on my PC.

EDit ! Man Oh Man ! Just checked the SP trailers for this game and I must say ....Whooohoooo ! Its time to be CLint Eastwood and give some bad guys their due :cool: ! Oh Yeah ! This seems to be it ! I really really hope the gameplay is NOT like GTA (Drive to point A, Drive to point B, rinse repeat, add cutscene.....leave game !). I love Clint Eastwood classsics ! I really want this to be good !

c.mon, Make some real good western adventure ! (don't kill ur employees while at it ;) !)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back