Red Dead Redemption

Gameplay series vid...Life in the West

incredibly deep game world.. I just hope they can keep a smooth frame rate

Every time I see a video for this game, I get more excited to play it. The graphics look incredible, but most of all, the animation and physics look very realistic. My dream game would be a Rockstar game with Dice-like destructibility.

I agree the game looks great. Now all that remains is see how much better this is versus something like Far Cry 2, which I also thought looked great, but which wasn't very interesting to play in the end (at least I couldn't get into it).

What is the final objective for the game ? Become the richest cowboy in town, or take every scums to the cleaners ? Or something else ?

What is the final objective for the game ? Become the richest cowboy in town, or take every scums to the cleaners ? Or something else ?

as Scott said there is a story line (I think it is tracking someone down) but you have choices to be good evil and do whatever you want in the world. There are also randomly generated scenarios which pop up to engage you (like animals attacking, for which you earn money by selling their pelts; helping people in danger; robbing people if you choose, etc) so you could probably play for 100 hours before deciding to finish the main story line which is what
I'll be doing. :LOL:

i hope there will be airwolf's secret base in one of those canyon moutains. Would be awesome :LOL:

Can't wait to play it, looks very promising. I just have some worries about the framerate.

more MP info

Originally Posted by Playstation The Official Magazine, May 2010 Lord of the Rings War in the North cover:
"Seriously, who'd have thought that something as dry as a game lobby could be exciting? Leave it to Rockstar to prove us all wrong. The Grand Theft Auto developer recently unveiled the oft rumoured but never confirmed, multiplayer portion of its next open-world saga, Red Dead Redemption -- and the lobby might be the game's most exciting element. Why? Because it's practically a Wild West MMORPG.

The lobby is a fully playable version of the entire game world that's populated with both random CPU characters and live gamers -- though the numbers will never approach World of Warcraft levels. In our visit, we created a "posse" with friends and roamed freely about the map, engaging in activities from hunting wild animals to hunting other gamers. There are even ad hoc missions (like besieging a desert ranch filled with bandits) that feel a lot like raids. Whether running from the sheriff or shooting wildlife in the desert, everything we do can net us experience points which are used to customize our appearance and upgrade our horse, weapons, and "title". There are also new multiplayer modes to unlock like the standard 16-player deathmatch and a team-based "capture the bag" (both of which start with a spectacular face-to-face quick-draw duel). But. to be honest, we didn't spend a lot of time with those other modes, because we couldn't pry ourselves away from the lobby!"

Picture 1: Two players on a horse-drawn carriage. "The lobby is like a limit-free version of GTA IV's free roam mode set against a brilliantly atmospheric Wild West backdrop."

Picture 2: Player as Sheriff, points gun at camera; another player waits to shot him in the back. "Once we joined a party-- er, "posse" -- we were in constant communication with teammates."

Picture 3: 3 on 5 Gunfight near the wreckage of an abandoned church in the desert. "Anyone can travel to any point on the map (including building interiors), regardless of the location of lobby visitors.

Hmmm MMO Wild West shooter? The idea of a "limited" open world with a mix of real players and CPU players sounds great ... especially if we can get a band B3D guys together.

Would be cool to take down outlaws together ... although I bet that no for got AlStrong would betray us and start a counter posse :devilish:

Anyhow, I hope the shooting mechanics are really good. If so, and they have strong MP options, I could be very interested. Especially if you have some flexibility in loadouts (horse, guns, etc) that is meaningful. i.e. More than cosmetic armor.

open world+MP+innovation+R*=pure epicness
MP details sound amazing,really cant wait.Only thing that im worried about is that while all the previews are blown away by visuals they also state some framerate problems,its been delayed a bit more,suppose polishing and fixing,hope they fix it.

More on multiplayer via Spanish game magazine:
  • Up to 16 players can play online.
  • Free Roam allows players access to all 3 states/areas from the game where you can participate in Hunting Challenges, Duels, and Raids.
  • From "Free Roam" you can access the more traditional modes like those from GTA IV like "Free For All" fighting, Team Racing on horses, War of Flags, and more.
  • Cooperative missions like in GTA IV are present. Of course instead of helicopters or vans you get to use trains and stagecoaches. One example of a cooperative mission is protecting, or attacking, a stagecoach. The number of friends or people playing determines how many CPU enemies you have to kill or attack in this mode.
  • You gain experience points in multiplayer which you earn by pulling off a difficult shot or killing your rival. Gain enough points to level up which unlocks new weapons, new appearances and outfits, along with the possibility of unlocking faster and stronger horses.
  • You can also use Dead Eye in multiplayer too.
Achievements/Trophies Revealed

20u2wwy.jpg

Snag from a poster on Gamersyde who probably got it from Gaf

Back