Recommendation: PS Vita games

I am surprised to see that KZ is not only a hot looker but its a fun game too ! Still early in the game, felt clunky in the beginning but they seem to ahve tailored the game well to the tiny sticks! Bravo !

and playing Driveclub via remote-play totally blew my mind :oops::oops::oops::D:cool: !
Diablo 3 felt laggy though, will try again !

Make sure to use high fps mode. It make the game more responsive even on 30 fps game.

Btw killzone does look nice on vita. Too bad the story completely did not interest me.

Even worse, the objectives also super canned. Complete with stupid enemy that spawn in 'waves' like classic games.

Fighting waves of enemy can be fun (titanfall coop mode), but in killzone it feels really boring.

And if you camp on places that the game did not expect, the enemy become even dumber.

I am not in the mood for stories these days. My mind is so tired of work, I just want to mash and have fun :p ! Even if a game or movie tells me a good story these days, i just don't feel it ...lol ! Ys Seven is working perfectly in this regard, its the perfect button masher I required ! Boss Battles are like Bloodborne or Souls series while the rest is an avid fast bashing fun ! Good part is it stays cheerful unlike the souls games. Loving that !

How do I enable the high fps mode for remote play? on ps4 or Vita?

also, the button configs are different for each game during remote play. Driveclub is awesome, but Dragon Age is not and Uncharted COllection demo is unplayable because they have mapped L2 and R2 to the front touchscreen :oops: ! WTH ! That means I leave all sticks when I want to shoot ! How the hell am I supposed to aim ?!?!?! :unsure::???:

oooh ! Will try Destiny ! I hope Witcher has good controls. I wanna play more of the Witcher DLC and more fo Diablo 3. Pressing R2 is dodgy in Diablo 3, atleast from first experience. Will try to find the high fps mode too.

okay I know i am asking again, but the framerate issue with Jak games. SO ppl say the games are very hrd so it can be a problem, right. I know ps2 games used to be hard, found sly3 hard on the ps3.
But is there no difficulty selection for th ejak games? I mean, i checked some videos on youtube, and somehow those games look very pretty when compared to the RnC games on vita, which look very dated. The visuals are really pushing me to play the jak games, for some reason. I haven't played th eps2 versions btw, have no idea, but its Naughty DOg right, how wrong can it go!

Please bear with me if I sound , you know, weird. I dunno why, the pull is magnetic :p lol ! cos of the new toy i have, i guess.

RnC has very good shooting controls, I think Jak doesn't !

okay I know i am asking again, but the framerate issue with Jak games. SO ppl say the games are very hrd so it can be a problem, right. I know ps2 games used to be hard, found sly3 hard on the ps3.
But is there no difficulty selection for th ejak games? I mean, i checked some videos on youtube, and somehow those games look very pretty when compared to the RnC games on vita, which look very dated. The visuals are really pushing me to play the jak games, for some reason. I haven't played th eps2 versions btw, have no idea, but its Naughty DOg right, how wrong can it go!

Please bear with me if I sound , you know, weird. I dunno why, the pull is magnetic :p lol ! cos of the new toy i have, i guess.

RnC has very good shooting controls, I think Jak doesn't !

Jak 1 is the only worth playing IMO. And yes the very bad framerate makes the game harder to play and much less enjoyable on Vita.

If know that you really want to discover the great game that is Jak & Daxter, but playing it on Vita is not a very good idea IMO particularly when there are so much better versions (more than double the framerate! ~20fps -> 60fps) out there on PS3 and PS2. Better play games like Tearaway, gravity rush, Rayman on Vita or even Daxter on PSP.

Sooooo....how about Sly: Theives in time? Colours, me wants colours and casual fun. No game delivering it all.
EDIT: So, each of these games is crossbuy in our store, including the RnC and Jak and SLy collections. Thats good, but I never turn on my ps3 these days.

Last edited:
Sooooo....how about Sly: Theives in time? Colours, me wants colours and casual fun. No game delivering it all.
EDIT: So, each of these games is crossbuy in our store, including the RnC and Jak and SLy collections. Thats good, but I never turn on my ps3 these days.

Gravity Rush and Tearaway.
Sly looks and feels really dated. They're remasters of the PS2 title.

This is so damn pretty !
2016-01-16-200610.jpg 2016-01-16-200834.jpg 2016-01-16-201347.jpg
I liked the demo of SLy:Thieves in time ! Nice colours, cheery tone and does not feel like a compromise of a game. Feel like a complete uninhibited game, from the demo atleast !
2016-01-18-172217.jpg 2016-01-18-173215.jpg 2016-01-18-175514.jpg 2016-01-18-175714.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-01-18-175721.jpg
    2016-01-18-175721.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 10
This is so damn pretty !
I liked the demo of SLy:Thieves in time ! Nice colours, cheery tone and does not feel like a compromise of a game. Feel like a complete uninhibited game, from the demo atleast !

Nice! I always thought killzone on the vita looked incredible for the hardware.

Nothing like a good handheld game either.

So, tried out Jak1 using a friend's account on my 4gig card and yeah, you guys were right :rolleyes: The framerate was so bad that it was difficult to enjoy it at all. Pretty bad QA on this one. Not the place to play Jak games, makes me sad. I so wanted to play these ps2 classics on the vita :(

compared to that Sly:Thieves in Time is butter smooth and looks ace too ! Such a huge difference !

I couldn't even get through Jak 1 on Vita, I played it on PS3 instead. It's impressive work to make a PS2 port run that bad.

Tried out Dragons Crown....at first felt like a shallow game with just levels but soon got addicting and very beautiful too ! Am on level 7 but I need to stop ....its Bette to get this on my own account as such Diablo like stuff u keep coming back to.
It really digs its hooks slowly. I wonder how long it is for the first play through and how long till u feel jaded with one character type?

All in all now what feels interesting to me and worth buying is Thieves in time, Dragons Crown and Ys. From what I have tried.

I couldn't even get through Jak 1 on Vita, I played it on PS3 instead. It's impressive work to make a PS2 port run that bad.

I'm pretty sure it was emulated, since the PS3 version was done with emulation. I think the reason they did it was it was less work than writing PS3 support for naughty dog's custom language, which was basically designed around the ps2, if I understand right. Plus, Sony probably let them use their official PS2 emulator to start with.

The fact that a ps2 emulator can run on a downclocked Cortex-A9(what was the clockspeed again ~300MHz?) even at half speed is pretty incredible. PCSX2 wouldn't get anywhere near that, especially running the jak games.

I mean, the fact that they sold it like that is pretty lame though.

Back