Recommendation: PS Vita games

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Theres a similar topic but i dont want to resurrect it from grave
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=62638

So here's the story.
I'm a long time Nintendo player (GBA-DS-3DS) and just now i buy PS Vita. I also have buy the PS+ and "buy" all the free games for this month (incl. Uncharted, Gravity rush,Wipeout) and Tearaway.

Any recommendations for me that still new in PS Vita? Previously on nintendo consoles, i prefer games with huge focus in storyline and presented in bite-sized chunks of gameplay (Kid Icarus Uprising, Ace Attorney series, etc).

What PS Vita games have that feel? (bite sized but did not forget the storyline)
and what is your favorit PS Vita games?

i also consider getting multiplayer games, especially those with COOP.

Thank You :)

EDIT:
does the shooters game can use the touchscreen/touchpad for aimin? i completely suck at aiming with stick

Gravity Rush is tops, Tearaway is pretty special. I was quite surprised by how good Borderlands turned out as well. Persona Golden is pretty good as well. Dead Nation and Super Stardust are good time wasters. Killzone is worth a look and Uncharted looks amazing and the gameplay has translated quite well.

Super stardust is awesome, if you like that style of game. It is visually more impressive IMO than the PS3 version, has more varied enemies and plays better overall methinks. Not sure if it runs native rez or not (perhaps no?), but it's ALMOST rock-solid 60fps with just soo much stuff flying around; it looks extraordinary.

Meanwhile, Pixeljunk Shooter is kinda meh I feel, and not very impressive visually. It's alledgedly native rez, but does not run 60fps. Not as good a game overall I feel, although it has more "progress" to it since you move through a level from start to finish, rather than just shooting millions of asteroids and enemy ships, so some might like this one more. There's scientists to rescue, and secrets to uncover, stuff like that which you don't find in SSD where ALL you do is shoot stuff. :p

ah muramasa should be awesome! i played that long ago on Wii but did not finish. i didnot know it was on vita :D

I got that for free on PSN last month I think. It seems pretty cool, if a bit repetitive (so far). I also got Dragon's Crown this week, man, that game has some crazy but downright beautiful graphics. And it seems pretty well done too, though I can see myself getting stuck in that soon.

Are you supposed to be able to defeat all those dragons for instance? Or is that a 'run away!' tutorial?

Sometimes with motion as an optional addition. I think that works surprisingly well.

Yea I really like it in Uncharted GA, surprisingly great feeling. Really helped with those last-second adjustments :)

There's a demo on the store too for people who don't have PS Plus.

@OP

There's quite a few multiplatform games to look into. Stuff like Rayman, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat. Then others like a lot of indie games. Hotline Miami and Spelunky are my favourites to go to on the Vita. Vita actually has a really great library of quality pick up and play games. Dragon's Crown, Muramasa, and Wipeout are really great too. I think Muramasa was recently on the US PS Plus, don't think I bought that one.

Super Stardust Delta is a great introduction to Vita, really shows off the capabilities. Killzone is really solid, but I thought I would like it more than I do. It's a very nice playing game, but I've had a hard time getting into it. But a good one to try for a low price, its had quite good sales in the past. I bought it for $8 on a PS Plus sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
i want my PS Vita right now -_____-

Amazooooooooooooooooooooon

QM1Kf6s.jpg

@rockaman
i prefer games that not available on PC. Because if its on PC, i prefer to play it there (bigger and better screen, can cheat, etc)

bbut im on PS+ so i think ill just "Gotta Get Em All" when "free" :p

Unless you had already subscribed to PS+ last month, you already lost Uncharted and Gravity Rush in the Instant Game Collection...

Story-driven right now you have Sly Cooper in PS+, but only until next week.

Favorite games so far.. Uncharted, Killzone Mercenary and Persona 4 Golden (huge game!).

The great thing about the Vita is that any game can become bite-sized. The console always keeps your save state even if you decide to do other stuff with it (use the web browser, visit the store, stream from the PS4, etc).

Unless you had already subscribed to PS+ last month, you already lost Uncharted and Gravity Rush in the Instant Game Collection...

Story-driven right now you have Sly Cooper in PS+, but only until next week.

Favorite games so far.. Uncharted, Killzone Mercenary and Persona 4 Golden (huge game!).

The great thing about the Vita is that any game can become bite-sized. The console always keeps your save state even if you decide to do other stuff with it (use the web browser, visit the store, stream from the PS4, etc).

yes, i already subscribe PS+ before i got PS Vita. Actually, i use PSN ID that i made long time ago, from 2008 i think, with no device registered at all :LOL: :rolleyes: :oops:

so i got uncharted, gravity rush, and much more.

btw persona4 golden still sold at full price :/

i prefer games that not available on PC. Because if its on PC, i prefer to play it there (bigger and better screen, can cheat, etc)

bbut im on PS+ so i think ill just "Gotta Get Em All" when "free" :p

Enjoy the Plus games then, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout are all great games.

Gravity Rush captured me the most of maybe any game from this generation, and it came at a great time, I have been hungry for a Japan-made game with that kind of universal appeal.

And yep Muramasa is a nice action game. If you like it you can also grab Dragon's Crown, same kind of thing except with multiplayer and such, probably more complex and harder. Odin Sphere is not to be missed from PS2 if you want more of it as well.

Don't forget to dig into the PS1 classics either. If you want a good starter game, Syphon Filter is it.

PSP games... my favourite has been Patchwork Heroes :)
btw persona4 golden still sold at full price :/

It was on sale a couple weeks ago I think, you missed that one :p

nice: muramasa going to be free.

not nice: Amazon still not give any response after i fax them ( i have emailed them too), its already more than 24 hours. Any other means to contact them?

i cant use the "Contact Us",because right after login it will say i need to email adressen-bestaetigung@amazon.de
but i already emalied them and got no human reply (i got robot reply)

after years of good experience in online shopping, finally i got one bad experience. Hmm.

Update:
delicious, now i cant login to Amazon.com too. I still can reset password, but even after copy-paste new password, amazon refuse my login (wrong email/password)

Update2:
now amazon.com ask me to wait for email in 24 hours.
O_O it seems connecting .com and .de Amazons in one account is not a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Persona 4 gets discounted every 2 months or so. The PS+ subscription always gives an additional 10% discount. I think I paid about 13€ for my digital copy.

nice: muramasa going to be free.

not nice: Amazon still not give any response after i fax them ( i have emailed them too), its already more than 24 hours. Any other means to contact them?

i cant use the "Contact Us",because right after login it will say i need to email adressen-bestaetigung@amazon.de
but i already emalied them and got no human reply (i got robot reply)

after years of good experience in online shopping, finally i got one bad experience. Hmm.

Update:
delicious, now i cant login to Amazon.com too. I still can reset password, but even after copy-paste new password, amazon refuse my login (wrong email/password)

Update2:
now amazon.com ask me to wait for email in 24 hours.
O_O it seems connecting .com and .de Amazons in one account is not a good idea.

There's nothing like waiting for your console to arrive , enjoy :LOL: :p !!!

Back