Recommendation: PS Vita games

WTF ! I cannot transfer games from ps3 to psvita unless I also download the update during the copying process !!!! WTH ! Why can't the updates be downloaded later? once the setup has been copie and installed ? WTF is this shit ? :cry::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:! If I cancel the update it cancels the copying over too ! ! !

I wanna kill you SHu Yoshida for letting this shit pass through ! It never did this to me the ast time I had the Vita !

IS there any way to disable it? I Even put my vita in flight mode but it still manages to start the download ! How the hell? :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Over here, Rayman: Legends and Minecraft are still killer apps for the Vita, that keep us coming back to the device. As my son is used to playing Minecraft on the PS4, he just really prefers the Vita version over the mobile version on his iPad. The Vita version could be even better though if it did more with touch - when you're standing still, building with touch is faster. For everything else, it's nicer to use the sticks and buttons I think.

The Jak Trilogy is awful on the Vita. (and the Ratchet & Clank one isn't much better). These are all silky smooth 60fps games on the PS2. On the Vita you can count your blessings if they ever manage to hit 30. Jak2 is mostly juddering along at 20 fps or lower, and with such a balls-hard game you really need all the finesse you can get. The Metal Gear Collection and the FFX/X-2 HD remaster are suberb on the Vita. Just about all the other PS2 ports are lousy cash grabs.

Yes, that wasn't a great port. They did improve the framerate somewhat in a later patch, but it's not great. You're better off playing the PSP Daxter game ...

Yes, that wasn't a great port. They did improve the framerate somewhat in a later patch, but it's not great. You're better off playing the PSP Daxter game ...
Yes, or just playing Jak & Daxter HD on PS3: 720p at a locked 60fps, a superb port. Not emulated!

Almost all of them are serviceable at best (Ratchet, Sly, God of War - they all run at half of their original framerates), but the Jak trilogy got it the worst so far.

WTF ! I cannot transfer games from ps3 to psvita unless I also download the update during the copying process !!!! WTH ! Why can't the updates be downloaded later? once the setup has been copie and installed ? WTF is this shit ? :cry::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:! If I cancel the update it cancels the copying over too ! ! !

Some games were released without Cross-save and need a patch to support it. There are two probable reasons for needing a patch before you can use Cross-save: 1) Sony's cloud platform has distinct platform silos and Cross-save files need to be flagged in a specific way or 2) the save data formats for PS3/PS4/Vita needs are just different and need to be modified so they are the same.

Cloud storage is more complicated thah it looks!

Turns out the 16 gb mem card is pretty measly. Can't even copy over the games I already own -_- !

enjoying Ys Seven right now, there's a dark souls vibe to its boss battles, i love it, and will start Person 4 along with it. and MGS 1 never hurts ! I will have to delete NFS and more if I want to try out the KZ game.

Hmm....the way u guys say I will avoid those ports. Will try to get my hands on Dragons Crown as and when I can, the 16 gig card isn't helping at all. I do have another 4 gig card that came with the Vita, but i dispise changing discs on my ps4 leave alone me changing mem cards on the vita.

@DSoup : your logic seems flawed cos the games which are asking me to update before copying are NFS, KZ and Freedom Wars and none of them have any kindof Cross save.

@orangpelupa : YEs, I am actually looking forward to my time with Bastion on the vita. It seems to be made for Vita :D !

I went 4gb, 16gb then 32gb when it was not stupidly priced. Nowhere near large enough. I need 128gb.

If you like Pokemon that is.

As for good looking: not saying it's not, but isn't it a bit disappointing that the handheld's launch lineup is still running circles around just about everything that came later in terms of visuals. Killzone, Gravity Rush and LBP are just bout the only notable exceptions I can think of.

@RenegadeRocks unfortunately it seems the developer too focused on the character 3D model and forgotten the environment. the animation also pretty archaic.

aaah i prefer beautiful vita native-resolution 2D or 2.5D pokemon game. or use cheap tricks like square enix (using pre-rendered video as background). It will looks FABULOUS on vita.

but almost no vita AAA budget game did that :(

i think its only Muramasa that did that and it was port from Wii.

If you like Pokemon that is.

As for good looking: not saying it's not, but isn't it a bit disappointing that the handheld's launch lineup is still running circles around just about everything that came later in terms of visuals. Killzone, Gravity Rush and LBP are just bout the only notable exceptions I can think of.

@Sigfried1977 yeah vita is really weird. the lunch games have better visual than the new games

YEa, thats because making high quality visuals costs more money and I don't think ppl are buying these games in the millions. if anything Vita has a very negative image in the media for some reason and ppl aren't falling head over heels for it even though its such a cool device. in our country price is the biggest turn off or ppl would buy this instantly. That makes devs take lesser risk by keeping budgets in control.

The only way we can have high budget titles again on Vita is if Sony itself makes more of them or the numbers of Vita out there increases tremendously.

Or when vita finally fully hacked and hackers make crazy stuff on it. Although it will be unlikely, because the hacking scene did not have good traction on vita. Seems not enough interest.

I am surprised to see that KZ is not only a hot looker but its a fun game too ! Still early in the game, felt clunky in the beginning but they seem to ahve tailored the game well to the tiny sticks! Bravo !

and playing Driveclub via remote-play totally blew my mind :oops::oops::oops::D:cool: !
Diablo 3 felt laggy though, will try again !

Back