Recent PSP Game Recs?

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
Not been travelling too much recently so the old PSP has been getting dusty, however I'm off a few places soon so its time to dust it off (plus, I'm half tempted to trade up to the slim) - anyone got any recent game recommendations as I've not been following recently?

Not been travelling too much recently so the old PSP has been getting dusty, however I'm off a few places soon so its time to dust it off (plus, I'm half tempted to trade up to the slim) - anyone got any recent game recommendations as I've not been following recently?

Daxter is the best I've seen. I have been playing another title a fair bit lately but you can't have it yet! :)

Last game I bought was actually Tekken.

I've just seen there is a Dynasty Warriors title out, so thats at least one sorted :cool:

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 if the trips are long and you have lots of time to kill. I'm already a 250 hours and keep loving it. Sure it's better online (using Xlink kai), but you can get very far on your own.

Puzzle Quest. Pure Addiction. (Even with the Companion Bug...)

Edit: w00t, 500th post! Just another 5 years and I'm Senior Member!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, for now I've picked up second hand copies of Samuri Warriors and Loco-Roco. Puzzle quest sounds like one that is up my street as well, I'll have to look into that.

The Puzzle Quest demo on PC was so damned addictive, I had to wipe it and swear off playing it ever again. A far richer puzzle experience than the usual matching puzzlers, with lots more tactical play.

Having a lot of fun with R&C: Size Matters right now. ^_^ The actual ability to play online makes for a nice bonus, if you'll be around access points. I also suggest Worms: Open Warfare 2 on this right as well; it's always fun, and has the most multiplayer options: hot seat, ad-hoc, and infrastructure.

If you like "pick up and play" puzzle games, I'd certainly suggest Every Extend Extra and Crush. (I'll assume if you're into them, you already have the Lumineses. ;) )

Otherwise, I'm liking the D&D Tactics game well enough (even though the story is rather shruggable, I've been waiting for a real "video game conversion" of the 3.5 rules, instead of half-assed real-timey stuff), Dead Head Fred is fun, and PaRappa can be summoned for some old school glory. (Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.)

Of course right now I'm going to get my soul consumed by Castlevania... but that's to be expected.

I just bought a PSP slim last night after a co-worker brought one in to the office. I've been playing FFT, but I have the Castlevania: Rondo of Blood remake on order.

Back