Rayman Origins

If Just Dance 4 were made by Majesco it would still sell millions; the publisher on the box is typically of little concern to most people and slapping the Nintendo name on a box has never guaranteed success to suggest otherwise is...
yes I agree, doesnt matter who makes the next just dance or COD MW 4 its still gonna sell millions. because of the Name That is my point the quality of the game (here its obviously a very good game) but hasnt sold well, like I said if it had Nintnedo on the box it would of sold, the name/reputation is more important than the actual product, this is quite well established in videogames, been a few studies
quality != sales (it helps a minimal amount, but not as much as other factors, advertising etc)

zed said:
yes I agree, doesnt matter who makes the next just dance or COD MW 4 its still gonna sell millions. because of the Name That is my point the quality of the game (here its obviously a very good game) but hasnt sold well, like I said if it had Nintnedo on the box it would of sold, the name/reputation is more important than the actual product, this is quite well established in videogames, been a few studies
quality != sales (it helps a minimal amount, but not as much as other factors, advertising etc)

Nintendo games don't all sell well. Ur point is moot.

Quality definitely has a meaningful correlation with sales, just match review scores on the top selling games.

The brand name also helps, but I doubt who develops it means much. However, for example BF and CoD have established themselves as the best shooters out there and when there is a new incarnation they definitely get some free sales regardless of quality

The Vita version apparently can save ghosts in time trial mode that you can share with friends to race against.

Anyway, still playing this game, and loving it. I can imagine it will look crazy on Vita's screen, but it's already very beautiful. It's a pretty straight-forward platformer in many respects, but of very high quality, with stunning response times and accuracy and polish. And so far a lot less frustrating than the originals. ;)

Quality definitely has a meaningful correlation with sales, just match review scores on the top selling games.
I dont think youre understanding completely what I saying, OK I'll try it again

There have been a few studies where theyve matched large numbers of games (not a couple of cherry picked top sellers) they have found there is very little correlation between review scores and sales, yes its surprised, I also found it surprising but thats how it is.

google should help you find further info, heres what I quickly found

This time taking a sample of 1200 PlayStation 2 titles, the authors once again charted relative NPD and Metacritic data, and once again have concluded "the correlation between game ratings (Metascores) and unit sales is statistically insignificant."

But game reviews and scores are far from a major factor in consumer purchases of games, finds a new fall-season survey by Cowen Group analyst Doug Creutz. In fact, among eight different factors that influence a consumer's decision whether or not to buy a particular title, aggregator scores were judged the least important out of eight.

Why should videogames be different to music or films? eg films are even more transparent than videogames (WRT numbers)
check the current US boxoffice,
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, New Year's Eve, The Darkest Hour are stinkers (according to the ratings) yet theyre in the top 10 highest grossing films of the week!

I had a look at the highest rated film on the list, A Separation (2011) 100% favorable rating from 63 critics, must of made millions right?
nope $59,500 (thats 59 thousand not 59 million) reason, its an iranian film which ppl tend not to go and see
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_separation_2011/

Shame there's not more actual discussion of the game. Nobody else playing it? Gathered the first tooth this week, and currently in the third world (Ice). Still very nice, though the miniature in combination with the bubbles gets quite tricky.

Well, I saw Rayman, a bunch of Rayman Origins Avatar, demoes and trailers on US PSN. I can't find the actual game unfortunately. :oops:

Rayman Origins Will Cost 1/2 The Price Of A Game When It Launches In Japan
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/0...he-price-of-a-game-when-it-launches-in-japan/

Ubisoft announced they will bring Rayman Origins to Japan, but that’s not what’s interesting. When Rayman Origins comes out on April 12 it will retail for just 2,500 yen ($32). The price is the same for all three platforms: PS3, 3DS, and Vita.

That’s really cheap.

Rayman Origins might set a record for budget launch pricing in Japan.

I will buy Rayman Origins for Vita, Ubisoft. Just get it out quickly.

Back