Rayman Origins

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Holy f^%&ck,

I just tried the Rayman Origins Demo and it looks soooo good. On my TV it seems to look even better than at the demo kiosks at GamesCom. It's just ... wow!

Talk about showing off the advantage of 2D when it comes to art! Though it won't be long before we should be able to see this quality in 3D, it is clear that after 10-15 years of 3D graphics, we're still not there. So beautiful! Gameplay is a lot of fun too by the way (and co-op is very well done and kid-friendly), and controller response is flawless, has to be close to the best response time you can get on HD consoles. But man does this look good!

And do the HD consoles need more of these.

And yeah, it makes me wonder how this will look on Vita as well.

Stunning is the only way to describe!! Very fun to play. Got me interested when seen at E3, but playing the demo is even better! The other thing that sticks out hugely is the music! Absolutely fantastic! VERY original and a perfect fit for the game. Top marks allround.

Eh... who's Ray Man ? :LOL:

Since you guys recommend it, I'll give it a shot later, together with Deadmund's Quest.

Actually this was my most anticipated game due to the gfx, the crazy music and the super fun tone of the game. But then they told me it comes on a disc and my interest somehow waned a little. I thought it would be small downloadable title.
Can't wait to try out the demo, with myniece and nephew around, I think this will be a sure buy. The co-op would be crazy :p !

Would have liked a DD version myself.

Played it on my computer screen and noticed it is native 1920x1080 even, which is even more eye blistering, though obviously the colors are much better on my HD Ready 32" in the livingroom.

Also been trying to play more of an optimal game in terms of collecting everything and then the game gets quite punishing, at least when playing alone, where instant deaths can set you back quite far in terms of trying to collect every little bug etc. But that also reveals quite a lot of depth to the puzzling required to get a maximum score. Still, LocoRoco did that better imho.

I played a good chunk of the game over the weekend with a friend of mine and it's bloody awesome. It's got everything a goodplatformer should have: tight controls, fantastic level design and a finely tuned level of challenge (that can be surprsingly stiff at times. Don't expect this one to just roll over and die).

The art style, in all its glorious nuttiness, is completely fantastic, and so is the music. The game is French as hell, and I mean this in the best possible way. The very instant you grab a controller you can tell that a great many people must have had the time of their lifes creating this game.

Personally I found the final demo level, the 'chase' sequence, to be no fun at all when playing alone. I imagine it may be better in multiplayer, but bleh.

Other than that though it's great. I did also notice that on my Computer LCD / 1080p mode there seemed to be more lag. Could just be a matter of the LCD being more laggy though.

Would have liked a DD version myself.

Played it on my computer screen and noticed it is native 1920x1080 even, which is even more eye blistering, though obviously the colors are much better on my HD Ready 32" in the livingroom.

Also been trying to play more of an optimal game in terms of collecting everything and then the game gets quite punishing, at least when playing alone, where instant deaths can set you back quite far in terms of trying to collect every little bug etc. But that also reveals quite a lot of depth to the puzzling required to get a maximum score. Still, LocoRoco did that better imho.

The dilemna I go through with each game. Better colours on TV v/s smoother image on Monitor ;) !

Anybody know if 4p drop in/out is online also? Or just "couch" option.

Just couch. Vita on the other hand has it apparently, instead of the 'couch' option, for obvious reasons. Will be interesting to see if that supports Wifi, and if it does, if that can then also run online.

I've bought this online (Playstation Plus discount), and have been playing this a good deal now, mostly with my 3,5yo son. Fortunately the game has been extremely pleasant about the co-op so far, so it's been easy on him, but he's starting to get the hang of it, even completing one level before I did. It's a wonderful game, and seems to be very sizeable. I've enjoyed it a lot more than the demo (played the first world, and a small bit into the second one now), thanks to the amount of time based sections so far (none ;) ) which I hated in the demo. I'm sure it will get more frustrating later, but so far, wonderful stuff.

I was just discussing this with a friend and he told me (and I checked it later) that RYO online sold 50K in November according to NPD.

Does anyone know if the sales picked up in December or has the world been playing too much MW3?

I've bought this online (Playstation Plus discount), and have been playing this a good deal now, mostly with my 3,5yo son. Fortunately the game has been extremely pleasant about the co-op so far, so it's been easy on him, but he's starting to get the hang of it, even completing one level before I did. It's a wonderful game, and seems to be very sizeable. I've enjoyed it a lot more than the demo (played the first world, and a small bit into the second one now), thanks to the amount of time based sections so far (none ;) ) which I hated in the demo. I'm sure it will get more frustrating later, but so far, wonderful stuff.

I also HIGHLY suggest Disney Universe, Arwin. I still maintain that Skylanders is a game that I think more than just kids would enjoy but there is definitely a real cost associated with Skylanders, whereas, Rayman and Disney are going for $30 on amazon.com right now.

I see gamasutra named it as the #1 overlooked game of the year. If nintendo made it it would of sold millions no doubt.

If Just Dance 4 were made by Majesco it would still sell millions; the publisher on the box is typically of little concern to most people and slapping the Nintendo name on a box has never guaranteed success to suggest otherwise is...

Look how many people on B3D or GAF have even viewed the Rayman threads or on this board any Wii thread.

It's a must! It's just beautiful and controls like a dream, and up to four players together.

Back