Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Thats the worse thing I've seen in R&C, no collision and lighting, I assume this is just a recent addition to the details & they will fix this later

i don't see any ps5 game coming anytime soon on PC, they want to sell PS5s.
Even if objectively you'd need a PC twice the price of the PS5 to run at same settings.

PS5 games are not even on PSNow yet, that would be the first step.
I guess they'll wait at least two years for such games.

Thats the worse thing I've seen in R&C, no collision and lighting, I assume this is just a recent addition to the details & they will fix this later
Curious, what games do you know that do this effect even better?

Curious, what games do you know that do this effect even better?
no idea mate (I dont play games(*)) but when everything else is near perfect, these inconsistencies stand out. Like I said I expect this is just a little detail they recently added (its purely cosmetic, in that it it doesnt affect gameplay) and have yet to fully integrate it into the pipeline, I expect this will be fixed when the game launches
(*) perhaps it was more common once?
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/what-happened-to-the-ejecting-bullet-casings-in-games.469589/

Yeah I see Insomniac as Sony's crown jewels and I don't see them letting those go any time soon, at least not the PS5 versions. The only remote chance of that IMO is this supposed offer from EPIC to bring a number of Playstation exclusives to EPIC store as I doubt they'd be offering $250m for PS4 titles. But even then, I don't expect one of those titles to be this.

Regardless of how unlikely this is though it would make for an interesting discussion as to the feasibility of a port and what compromises might have to be made.

I like the idea of different planets/settings, does offer for a more varied experience graphically. The space sections look amazing (with all the flying rocks).
They could have done with a less anoying vocal for the trailer though :p

In the last gameplay trailer when rivet hits that purple crystal the world shifts to another version of it.

Yes was thinking that the other day, can imagine alternative versions of each planet, would be cool. The rocks in space scene reminds of the mesh shader demo NV had a while ago, impressive to see such ingame now.

I’ve continued to play the previous game, great that it is 60fps now, but yeah the graphics differences in terms of world detail are still just enormous it seems. Cant wait to actually play it on my own screen.

The insomniac R&C engine has never really impressed but the geometry and streaming is top tier. It's actually the first time Insomniac has made me excited to buy their game. Makes me even more excited to see what a first party team like ND will do with this power.

The insomniac R&C engine has never really impressed but the geometry and streaming is top tier. It's actually the first time Insomniac has made me excited to buy their game. Makes me even more excited to see what a first party team like ND will do with this power.

Its one of the few first games to use todays technology, things will only get better from here. BF6 is rumored to really push things even higher (said to become a benchmark for 'next gen').
What im waiting for is forbidden west, its most likely going to impress us way more then what rift apart does. I hope they make it before 2022, uncertain though.

Back