Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
BF6 was confirmed cross gen at the recent EA investor call right? I wouldn't expect miracles.

BF6 has two separate teams. There is nothing common in the development. It will maybe be more impressive than Horizon 2. From the FF leaker in era, Horizon 2 developement began on PS4 and God of War Ragnarok is PS5. It will probably look better than Horizon 2 but GG is very talented maybe at least visually they can compete.

Reactions: snc
BF6 has two separate teams. There is nothing common in the development. It will maybe be more impressive than Horizon 2. From the FF leaker in era, Horizon 2 developement began on PS4 and God of War Ragnarok is PS5. It will probably look better than Horizon 2 but GG is very talented maybe at least visually they can compete.
Dice lost a ton of its staff over the last couple years that made earlier BF games so great. I don't have much faith them TBH.

"9 GB Difference Between PKG File And Console Download Size"

So the install size is smaller or bigger than the download size?

Nice to see my smaller game size prediction coming true, despite so many users contradicting it in this forum a year ago.

Let me do my sore winner's victory dance here:

:runaway::yes::nope: :yes::runaway:

I'm still expecting many lazy devs to laze and fuck this up though.

Nice to see my smaller game size prediction coming true, despite so many users contradicting it in this forum a year ago.

Let me do my sore winner's victory dance here:

:runaway::yes::nope: :yes::runaway:

Better compression and no duplication of data but I think when the generation will continue size of games will increase. After dynamic GI or RT GI means no lightmap another assets to take out of the disc.

I don't think game size will be bigger than 200GB for team doing an effort. I expect most of the game to be around 100GB. This is one Bluray disk.

Ratchet and Clank: RA being only ~35GB is incredible! It's a very good sign of things to come. You either have smaller games... or games on the magnitude of 100GBs which have far more detailed textures and models than ever before.

I'm down for both!

Ratchet and Clank: RA being only ~35GB is incredible! It's a very good sign of things to come. You either have smaller games... or games on the magnitude of 100GBs which have far more detailed textures and models than ever before.

I'm down for both!

Yea, for on rail games they could be rather small, id hazard a guess something like GTA6 (massive interactive open world) wont be so small :p

42gb when installed.

Super neat. Now we know upper limit how much better compression can get for next gen using current algorithms. I suppose the looser compression after install is random seek and fetch which limits how compression can be done.

Yea, for on rail games they could be rather small, id hazard a guess something like GTA6 (massive interactive open world) wont be so small :p

Yes, but the same open world game can be a lot smaller than it is now due to only needing one version of assets on disc and much better compression. So open world games can be the same size as in previous generations but still contain well over double the detail. But of course with the so much faster steaming we should hope for way more detail than just twice the previous amount.

Back