Ranked: Best X360 games countdown 25-1

Mass Effect at #1 is a bloody traversty, technically glitchy, long and frequent load-times, copy and paste levels, gunplay that never felt right, terrible AI, uninteresting missions, there were much better choices for the #1 spot than a game that basically tried to massage the ego of the player at every single opportunity, since ONLY the player was capable of saving the entire galaxy with powers and weapons that were accessible to every other character in that bloody world.

Mass Effect at #1 is a bloody traversty, technically glitchy, long and frequent load-times, copy and paste levels, gunplay that never felt right, terrible AI, uninteresting missions, there were much better choices for the #1 spot than a game that basically tried to massage the ego of the player at every single opportunity, since ONLY the player was capable of saving the entire galaxy with powers and weapons that were accessible to every other character in that bloody world.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/masseffect - "Universal acclaim". I guess all the reviewers were wrong and you're right though?

The game wasn't perfect but it certainly wasn't a "travesty". I thoroughly enjoyed it and like many, many others I'm looking forward to the sequel greatly. Try not to let personal opinion turn fiction into fact.

Well I guess they didnt say best xbox360 exclusives. Would have a problem with that list otherwise.

Mass effect is my choice for best 360 game as well though i only played it on PC. Though i really cant speak for the 360 version

Better, but not as influential in terms of console purchases. Gears 1 established the 360.
Yes, that is what I meant!

I'm one of those people who liked Gears 1 better than 2. I just felt they stuck more to the parts that were fun about their game, without trying to mix it up much. Though I might be biased since I played Gears 1 entirely via coop on hardcore and Gears 2 alone on 'normal'.
You exactly described my impression!!

I'm one of those people who liked Gears 1 better than 2. I just felt they stuck more to the parts that were fun about their game, without trying to mix it up much. Though I might be biased since I played Gears 1 entirely via coop on hardcore and Gears 2 alone on 'normal'.
Agreed, Gears is best when played via co-op.

So is the Halo series. That's the main reason I actually like the Halo series. Absolutely addictive co-op play. Gears of War series pulls that off quite well also.

It's interesting to note that the best selling games on X360 are generally the games that have superb online experiences that you just don't get in almost any other game on the market.

And having an excellant, fun, and relatively bug free co-op experience almost immediately catapults a game into million+ seller status.

For myself, I'd put a polished co-op experience over graphical buzz words any day of the week.

Regards,
SB

Silent_Buddha said:
For myself, I'd put a polished co-op experience over graphical buzz words any day of the week.
Nope. Games like that aren't considered "technically excellent", at least on the Console Forums. :)

Back