Rainbow Six: Vegas (360) Announced

EGM Reveals Rainbow Six: Vegas
Ubisoft's classic action franchise goes next-gen.
by Matt Leone, 03/03/2006
Regular readers of 1UP's sister magazine Electronic Gaming Monthly may have noticed a teaser in the back of the March issue pointing out that the April issue would reveal the first next-gen game in the Rainbow Six series. Well, now that time is here, and we can reveal that the new game is called Rainbow Six: Vegas.

Link

Looks pretty cool, can't wait for some more information to be released!

Holt

ow, this game i will play; things are moving fast lately

media

This looks good, very good. I have only played the original back in the day. It was really cool how you could get killed with only one shot, a bit different than all the other game that I had played till then, I do hope they don't turn this one to too much arcade like gameplay...

Zaphod said:
Considering the near-universal panning that Rainbow Six: Lockdown is getting for being bland and uninspired: I'm not expecting too much from a console branch of the franchise (no matter how good it may look).

I wouldn`t count on that; this game will probably combine the best from sp and mp from graw and put it into close quarter combat simulator. Also, Ubi developers are listening on forums. I hope there will be a cone cursor for squad interface in sp, customization, one shot, one kill and insane mp.

I know that I'm being extremely pessimistic, but considering how fast developers are getting to know the 360 hardware combined with the fact that this is a game with an obviously realistic color palette, I have a feeling that this game won't age well. Don't get me wrong, it looks fucking incredible (for now), will probably have great AI, and will have online play. Maybe I'm just being overly-defensive because every forum I go to with the username "nintenho", ******s get into the pettiest pissing contests ever.

yeah, huh?

Back