Rainbow 6: Vegas Character Creation and Face Mapping

Hey butthead! heheheheheh ah... hehehhehe... hehehehe...

They must have certain things in the software looking for specific features in the photo. What's the tech called and who makes it?

Last edited by a moderator:
They must have certain things in the software looking for specific features in the photo. What's the tech called and who makes it?
Yep. I think there's a couple of solutions out there. EyeToy has provided this in a few titles IIRC though I haven't seen it yet. They can match up certain parts of an image as a head though I'm not sure how they deal with background and lighting. You'd really need to take the picture from some decent flat lighting, otherwise you'll get your living-room lighting baked onto your face! Again, this is something that someone should have tried already with EyeToy, but I've never met such a person yet. I think there's a football game at least that allows this (and not being FIFA or PES, won't be a popular footy title) and someone must have tried various objects like cups and bananas to see what the system makes of it.

The next-gen version of the softare should do a 3D scan and create geometry for any shape!

That video was great... not just the face mapping, but everything else - the level of customisation is immense!

Back