Rage 2 [PS4, XO]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Silent_Buddha, May 15, 2018.

1. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Loved RAGE to bits. This isn't exactly RAGE but its still the return of shooters by id ! Doom eternal and this: life is great again !

DSoup likes this.
  2. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Very poopy compression footage on 4Pro:

Some sorta light bounce on things? Kinda loks like Doom's shaders copy/pasted into Avalanche's engine, but with vibrant colours.

----

hm. No Co-op. Feels like a missed opportunity. Will probably get this on PC at some point later then.

#22 TheAlSpark, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Nesh and milk like this.
  3. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Footage from CohhCarnage on Twitch from about 4 days ago. Fair warning, he's easily distracted. :)

It's the PC version. Not sure if the video footage will be better or not, but he's the first person outside of Bethesda that's been allowed to stream footage from the game. The game looks absolutely fantastic though.

Doom + open world + influences from Just Cause. Looks amazing. I'm not into open world games, but I might give this a shot.

Regards,
    SB

#23 Silent_Buddha, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    PSman1700 and Nesh like this.
  4. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

The focus hand gesture should have been \m/ for extra metalness.

5. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Beat this on a base PS4. Don’t remember any performance issues (unlike, say, Talos Principle, which was obviously and regularly shy of 30fps), though IIRC the menus were laggy and the journals were annoying to scroll through (Control says, “hold my beer”). Story was predictably thin, but the combat was fun. Shooting down the spy drones was way too difficult with a controller. I had fun.