Radeon X800PRO will beat NV40 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wouldent quite say Nvidia have learnt from there mistakes as they have already compared PS1.0 to 3.0 and tryed to pass it off as PS2.0 to 3.0 to show PS3.0's graphical superiority, id say that would be that they are up to there old tricks again (already).

I am not going to explain it further as it has been accomplished in other threads, Because of this Nvidia have given Hellbinder just the excuse to attack them and I can actually understand where he is coming from even if I do not condone it, but you are trying to defend them and they have done nothing to actually encourage you to do so.

Please people im new here and have surfed in the background for a long time and have never seen it this bad, I can accept hellbinder and even chalnoth because they do know quite a bit of the technical stuff but this jimmy james looks like he is Nvidia's personal super hero, I reccomend others read his past posts as it shows his true identity quite well.

hey DW you got some secret info there cos me being your number 1 fan should know!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

jimmyjames123 said:
I am being quite honest when I share my opinions about Hypebinder (which I think is a less offensive name than Hellbinder). I am sure there are many people who agree with me, even at Rage3d. They guy is a very negative influence on this forum. Totally closed-minded, filled with hate and vengeance.

I'm sorry to go off on this, Neeyik. I'll only do it this once and try keep it brief. But I believe jj crossed a line, had it pointed out to him, and then mocked it. So I want to take a second to say, "bad game."

I don't think anyone doubts whether you honestly believe what you're saying; that's irrelevant. Nick-jacking is not nice; it is in poor taste. There is no indication that you are offended by the "hell" bit of his name (and if you were, perhaps a well-reasoned PM would be a more constructive method of raising the issue than thread-jacking and name calling). (I could make a rather distasteful remark regarding your name, but there would be no point, it would be a lame comment, and I don't want to lower myself to that level.) Rather that being upset about "hell" in his name, you seem intent on mocking him. If you want to mock his hype, feel free, but don't resort to ad hominem attacks. All it does is make you look bad.

You insinuate that everyone who is upset with NVIDIA's behavior must work for ATI. That is insane. I would suggest that it is more likely that the only people who are not upset by NVIDIA's (especially) recent anti-consumer actions must work for NVIDIA. That's certainly not true, but it seems more likely than your alternative.

Let's be honest, we're talking about rumors. Of course there is going to be spin. Most of us can filter it out. You seem to take this all quite personally; based on your method of argumentation, I'd say even more personally than HB or DT. That would indicate is pretty significant level of hypocrisy in your posts. I might also add that I haven't seen you lunge for the jugular of any of the NVIDIots around here. (Not that I want you to; people shouldn't make personal attacks, but if one is dead-set on it, s/he might at least try to be an equal opportunity attacker.)

You seems offended by the "hate and vengeance" in HB's posts. He certainly thinks NVIDIA is an ethically challenged company, but I don't know that his "X800 Pro will crush the GF6800U" is hateful. In my mind, that implies a level of personal attack to which I haven't seen HB stoop. And even if he did, I would say there is a qualitative difference between attacking a commercial entity which is not a person and attacking an individual.

You say HB = ATI. You attack HB, hence attack ATI. ATI and NVIDIA are in a zero-sum relationship, so you support NVIDIA.

Nope. That's not why I'm posting. I don't care which side you seem to be on, I care that you're attacking a forum-goer.

Malfunction said:
I think jimmy is just frustrated is all, no harm in that.

No one takes offense at his frustration at a perceived lack of respect for NV40. (I think almost everyone has said NV40 is pretty darned good anyway, so I don't believe that perception is accurate.) The point is that personal attacks are harmful and unnecessary.

And now I'm done and won't do this again.

Ok, since we're turning this into a bleeding-hearts confession thread I guess I best own up fully.....I've got voodoo dolls of BB, DP, & JH that I keep in a secret drawer and cast evil spells on at night whilst laughing maniacally! :devilish:

digitalwanderer said:
Ok, since we're turning this into a bleeding-hearts confession thread I guess I best own up fully.....I've got voodoo dolls of BB, DP, & JH that I keep in a secret drawer and cast evil spells on at night whilst laughing maniacally! :devilish:

I've got a confession too. For the last month I thought digi was a GIRL!!! until I read a post about his wife. :LOL: For real though, I think your posts are a tad effeminate but that's just me :p

Back on topic......

DW fan, how stupid do you think NVDA really is? Do you really think they would pass off PS 1.1 as PS 2.0? That is ludicrous. What actually happened is that they compared their current generation hardware, NV3x, to the NV40. I think they even clarified this for the websites that posted the pictures.

Basically, what you are doing is providing a justification of Hellbinder's actions. That is a shame really. Remember, this is the same guy who stated at Rage3d: "Jen Hsun Huang is going to have a coronary and keel over lifeless after he hears about the R420". You seem to think this type of attitude is healthy for the forum. I certainly don't.

I might also add that I haven't seen you lunge for the jugular of any of the NVIDIots around here.

Can you specifically point to an "NVIDIOT" at this forum who has a personal vendetta against ATI? Looks like you are just finding excuses to pardon the behavior of people like HB and DT.

No one takes offense at his frustration at a perceived lack of respect for NV40.

You do not have a clear understanding about where my frustration lies. Frankly, how the NV40 fares is not going to affect me because I have no affiliation with NVIDIA (other than owning a Ti4200), and because I have no intentions of buying a graphics card anytime soon. I am here to learn as much as I can, and to be as open-minded as possible in the process. People like HB seem to be here to boost their own ego, to prop up one company over the other, and to make everyone else in the other camp feel bad about their purchases and their loyalty and their decisions.

trinibwoy said:
I've got a confession too. For the last month I thought digi was a GIRL!!! until I read a post about his wife. :LOL: For real though, I think your posts are a tad effeminate but that's just me :p
:LOL:

I could see that, 5 years of doing the Mom-thing has definately had an affect on me. :)

Back on topic......

By all means I agree!

EDITED BITS: IBTL!!! ;) :p

karlotta said:
all that micron 600 and 833 has to go some where.
SHHHHHHH!!!!!!

No, no...that's for something else entirely. (And I have been laughing me arse off at all the "500Mhz" memory rumors for ATi!)

jimmyjames123 said:
DW fan, how stupid do you think NVDA really is? Do you really think they would pass off PS 1.1 as PS 2.0? That is ludicrous. What actually happened is that they compared their current generation hardware, NV3x, to the NV40. I think they even clarified this for the websites that posted the pictures.

Hmmm that is what they did, it was written PS2.0 below Nvidias geneva event projected images, this is a fact plain and simple my friend, they tried to pass 1.0 of as 2.0 and they were caught and later they made a statement to say it was incorrect, the fact is they did do it and there past reputation does not install confidence in me that this was an accident.

As I said before check the facts, on that note I will end my conversation with you here as you only seem to be here to argue with people and as there is no ignore function, I will use my own until your attitude improves.

(And I have been laughing me arse off at all the "500Mhz" memory rumors for ATi!)

Yeh men, and laughing me arse off by FanATIc idiots like you! sorry, but all your last post are totally and completly BS.

Don't play down the GF 6800U, there's currently NO AIB who can produce DDRIII with more that 600mhz!

Evanescence said:
(And I have been laughing me arse off at all the "500Mhz" memory rumors for ATi!)

Yeh men, and laughing me arse off by FanATIc idiots like you! sorry, but all your last post are totally and completly BS.

Don't play down the GF 6800U, there's currently NO AIB who can produce DDRIII with more that 600mhz!
Just quoting it for later use.... ;)

jimmyjames123 said:
DW fan, how stupid do you think NVDA really is? Do you really think they would pass off PS 1.1 as PS 2.0? .

They did, that is fact learn to live with it.

woah, that took some reading. i remember doomtrooper a good while ago a rage3d arguing the cause the threads were as big as this :) then hellbinder came along to have a go, digitalwanderer was there on the side lines ready to pitch in with a bit and countless others also joined in.
those days were fun, radeon64 vivo launch etc now everybody takes it all so serious,bring back the fun instead of insults, thats what i say.
evening all 8)

I don't like either company, so I'm going to build my own graphics card.

On subject, I don't think the X800 Pro will be faster. No reason to release a 16 pipeline card if your 12 pipeline card is so much faster. Just bad business when you think about yeilds. Plus it pushes the price of the Pro down when you have the XT out. No business in their right mind would put out both cards if they were both significantly faster. Think about it.

Also ATI doesn't have to prove it can have a lot of cards out faster, since they are already known to be the current leader from the last generation.

highpingdrifter said:
woah, that took some reading. i remember doomtrooper a good while ago a rage3d arguing the cause the threads were as big as this :) then hellbinder came along to have a go, digitalwanderer was there on the side lines ready to pitch in with a bit and countless others also joined in.
those days were fun, radeon64 vivo launch etc now everybody takes it all so serious,bring back the fun instead of insults, thats what i say.
evening all 8)

Yep those were the days :D

Now I'm old and drink too much :LOL:

Another thought, if the X800 Pro performed so well, ATI would price it similar to the 6800 Ultra. That would then make the X800 XT $500+ ($600 for a graphics cards?), and I don't think they'd do that, unless they pull something similar to an AthlonFX or P4EE, and they only wanted bragging rights for a processor they didn't really care too much about selling. Then they wouldn't need a high number of cards, and by hand selecting the XT units they could do it. Hmm....possible now that I think about it. But still VERY unlikely.

digitalwanderer said:
I've got voodoo dolls of BB, DP, & JH that I keep in a secret drawer and cast evil spells on at night whilst laughing maniacally! :devilish:

What a coincidence. I've got blowup dolls of BB, DP, and JH.

Don't ask why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back