R580 is 'Rodin'

I find it very satisfying to hear that they're naming the R580 after a sculpter. It just sems very fitting and well thought out, especially a sculpter as profound as Rodin.

Good stuff. I can't wait. :D

All those IHV folks that are involved in code-naming are the worst geeks.

I would personally buy, and recommend to everyone I know to buy, products based on a chip codenamed either "Angelina" or "Jolie" even if the performance, er, sucked.

Tridam said:
Next one (R600) is the name of a famous football (soccer) player if I read well ;)

Not Luc Nilis?!

Anyway, FORGET the footballer and think more about VULCANO PELE

PatrickL said:
Only one wavey is allowed, so tell us more :p
I don't think it's anything exciting, just that refreshes have traditionally just been bumped clocks and a bit of a tweak, where R580 is a bit more than that.

Tridam said:
Next one (R600) is the name of a famous football (soccer) player if I read well ;)

Obviously, it has to be "Bobby Charlton". The first graphics chip to come with integrated comb-over.

Reverend said:
All those IHV folks that are involved in code-naming are the worst geeks.

I would personally buy, and recommend to everyone I know to buy, products based on a chip codenamed either "Angelina" or "Jolie" even if the performance, er, sucked.

hope there 2 different chips you can use in crossfire,

than you can have an "Angelina Jolie"

Tridam said:
The Radeon X2800 XT Platini Edition?

"Zico" sounds like a cool name.

Back