Quitting smoking

I really wish they'd make cigarettes age controlled like alcohol. Make them 18+ to be able to use, not just buy. I guess the last decade has been positive steps in trying to reinforce the idea that cigarettes are just a stupid thing to do to your body and the removal of them from all buildings has been great but it needs to go further. I have a 14 year old daughter and the general acceptance of cigs from 12-13 onwards as a normal part of their teenage life is just horrible.

The most difficult part would be enforcement and would take a lot of resources that authorities just don't have, so I can understand why that wouldn't go over well with legislation.

I really wish they'd make cigarettes age controlled like alcohol. Make them 18+ to be able to use, not just buy. I guess the last decade has been positive steps in trying to reinforce the idea that cigarettes are just a stupid thing to do to your body and the removal of them from all buildings has been great but it needs to go further. I have a 14 year old daughter and the general acceptance of cigs from 12-13 onwards as a normal part of their teenage life is just horrible.

The most difficult part would be enforcement and would take a lot of resources that authorities just don't have, so I can understand why that wouldn't go over well with legislation.

Sometimes when people tend to be original and interesting, they don't know into what bullshit they are into.

Well, your daughter is still a very young kid, she is a child, I understand in what unpleasant situation you are currently in.

The thing is the stupid, evil society and bad times in which we have the bad luck to live. All the evil, greedy corporations and staff flooding the air with all type of nonsense and crap possible.

Thing is to try to isolate your kids from the bad environment, to care about them, to speak with them as much as possible, to give them the light about all positives, that they don't have to be rebels and doing everything opposite... etc etc. Movies, television in general don't help a lot, unless you are a very conscious person and know exactly what is the best.

I've moved down to the lowest level of nicotine in my vaporizer. Took a few days to get used to it but now it's fine. And I feel better too after a couple weeks on the lower dose.

i heard the best way to quit smoking is by smoking a fake cigarette made of plastic that has a fake light on the fire area. :D

I've moved down to the lowest level of nicotine in my vaporizer. Took a few days to get used to it but now it's fine. And I feel better too after a couple weeks on the lower dose.

What kind of electric cigarette are you using? I actually like them in theory (like the taste. Well, when it's something like menthol at least), but those cheap Chinese pieces of crap are so unrealiable and prone to malfunction I eventually moved back to regular cigarettes. I'd gladly go back to electronic cigarettes if I could simply find something that works. Preferably for longer than a week or two that is.

I frequently find myself wondering if smokers have some kind of repressed death wish, considering what cigarettes do to their bodies.

What kind of electric cigarette are you using? I actually like them in theory (like the taste. Well, when it's something like menthol at least), but those cheap Chinese pieces of crap are so unrealiable and prone to malfunction I eventually moved back to regular cigarettes. I'd gladly go back to electronic cigarettes if I could simply find something that works. Preferably for longer than a week or two that is.

It's easy to get pissed at them but really they are made of consumables. Basically the bottom part can be used for long (ish), it's just a li-ion battery and a button. The top part has to be changed every three weeks or so. And then, you find out the top part can be disassembled and the thingie most inside it is the stuff that really needs get changed and is the cheapest part ( < 2€)

Best is to have a nearby e-cig shop where the tenant is kindly and helpful to his/her customers. (the guy I went to first time.. out of business he is)
Still you need spare tops, a second bottom if you can't stand waiting for the charging anymore, buy thingies and do some cleaning of top and thingies as part of the rotation.

I felt dumb more than one time. I don't think I even have an engrish manual. Thank you for buying e-cig happy! For operation instruction please manual follow.
I was advised to clean stuff with cotton swabs and white vinegard diluted in water btw (and leave the thingy to dry)

Last edited by a moderator:

The local shop sold me a KangerTech EVOD. Like Blazkowicz was saying, it's modular. The battery is separate and you can use lots of different kinds and sizes. I recently bought a longer one that will last all day and into the next.

The top part (the vaporizer I guess) can last months if not years, but you have to change the coil every couple weeks. The coils cost $2 each.

The whole starter assembly (vaporizer, coil, battery) was only ~$30. A small bottle of fluid is $7 and that lasts me a week. The larger bottles are $13 and they last me over 2 weeks.

The ones I've been using were all modular as well. Unfortunately the modules sucked across the board and kept breaking. Sometimes the battery died after a couple of days, then the tanks started leaking, then the heating coils burned up. Anyways, thanks for the tip. That Kanger thingy looks pretty good, and the replacement vaporizers aren't outrageously expensive either. I'll give it a shot.

What exactly does that oil consist of? Is breathing oil vapor of an unknown composition into your lungs really any better than tobacco tar, I wonder.

Water, glycerin and optional nicotine and/or flavors. No tar.

I've tried a bunch and recommend White Cloud. The white type 3X batteries are sturdy and last longer than most, their cartomizers are professionally packaged and of consistent quality, and they've got great customer service as well.

I tried an electronic cigarette, I didnt like it, it tasted of burning plastic, plus it kept going out I used nearly a full box of matches on a single cigarette

The local shop sold me a KangerTech EVOD. Like Blazkowicz was saying, it's modular. The battery is separate and you can use lots of different kinds and sizes. I recently bought a longer one that will last all day and into the next.

The top part (the vaporizer I guess) can last months if not years, but you have to change the coil every couple weeks. The coils cost $2 each.

The whole starter assembly (vaporizer, coil, battery) was only ~$30. A small bottle of fluid is $7 and that lasts me a week. The larger bottles are $13 and they last me over 2 weeks.

Good call on the EVOD. The thing is great so far. Got 2 50 ml bottles of fluid for 20€ total to go with it. That should last me a good long while.

There are much fancier ones, but they all seem to be GIANT and this with the extended battery barely fits in my pocket.

Don't really need a bigger one. Probably depends on the type of fluid you're using, but the thing kicks like a Mule as it is already.

Mine looks like this
M4X5xQ2.jpg

the white bit screews into a usb charger, the brown bits are the refills. It's about the size of a cigarette

I think it would be cool if i get that electric cigarette in the future, although i don't smoke. Probably to reduce some stress in my head. lol

Trying to quit again.
It's been 8 days since I got the process started.
During the first couples of days I allowed my-self a couple of heats a day, since tuesday nothing.

Weird thing is that my body has gotten rid of nicotine now but I feel the lack of cigaret more than in the first days.

Damned it is tough :( I'm lucky to have 2 weeks of quiet, with no stress of any sort. I hope it will help me go through the hard times /prevent early failure.

Back