Question for reverend

Ok it says only special users can ask questions to Markus. So I am wondering if you will as him for a response in his forum. I am sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this. Wasn't sure where i should send the question.

How does he see the transtion of level editors in FPS games and 3D games in general transitioning to more advanced features. For instance using Materials instead of static textures. Where you can layer specular diffuse bump displacment reflect refract gloss etc maps. As well as things like enabling radiosity ray tracing, Global illumination. Things to lower the gap between yesterdays CG movies and todays real time graphics. Does he think we will start to see shaders used to do video post type work like motion blur etc, or dof, compositing type effects and such.

For the different things listed can he say perhaps when he believes that all those features except for maybe GI and raytracing. Or when he things hardware will be at the point where all these things can be rendered in real time for gamers.

I would love to hear him talk about this type of stuff, a la the future and where we as an industry are heading and how long it might take us to get there.

KillahSin

Ok it says only special users can ask questions to Markus.
No, anyone can ask Markus (or any of our Registered developers) questions. You just can't do it in Markus' own page. K.I.L.E.R has given an example of how you can do just that.

There is, of course, no guarantee that any of the devs would answer your questions.

Summary -- in future, if you have any questions for any specific developer, ask them at this forum. Start a new thread.

PS. I hardly visit this General Discussion forum :oops:

Back