Pure

Yesterday I sat down and played more of the game and finally got to participate in some of MP with a buddy, and then delve more into the campaign—man, this game just continues to just blow me away!

I could go on and on in elaborate detail about how impressive the graphics are (wait till you play during sunset), how well the AI competes with you without a sense of cheating (no rubber-banding!), the exceptional multi-layered track designs, the choice using a simple or complex vehicle upgrade system, the smooth MP experience (16 player), and the amazingly fun gameplay that wraps all of this together into a shiny, cohesive gaming experience.

I'm going to go out on a limb and call Pure the best arcade racer of the year--and that's coming from someone who really enjoyed Grid and Motor Storm.

Good impressions, thanks. Have you had a chance now to play MS2? I'd like to know how they stack up against each other.

I don't have MS2, but for this household MotorStorm was lifeless so we never actually enjoyed it. The demo they put forth for Pacific Rift left us with the same impression. We REALLY enjoy PURE but I would hate to compare the MS2 demo with the full version PURE.

Well that's why I asked. The demo doesn't really have anything to do with the final version of MS2, which I've played to bits now (almost halfway through the 'campaign'). But thanks anyway, and let me know if you got to try the final game sometime (rental, through a friend, etc.). By the way, does Pure also support motion control?

I played the demo for PC and while the gameplay was mighty good the god-awful loading times made me want to skip it. You play a 3 min race and then the game takes 2 mins to get back to the main menu. :rolleyes: Not sure if the console versions are the same but that killed my interest right away even though graphically and gameplay-wise the game is very, very nice.

Both the PS3 and 360 versions are $19.99 at Amazon right now. I can't seem to pull the trigger, too many other games to play.

Back