PSP Spot arrives in select locations

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
From a link to IGN leading to an advert (a news story IGN don't seem to have picked up on despite running these large adverts ;)) on 28th July (dunno about worldwide dates or locations) hotspots for PSP are appearing all over the UK. All over. In about 8 locations...
http://www.playstationspot.co.uk/

I presume there'll be a roll-out all over the place. Nice to see some multimedia motions, and hopefully it'll be a darned sight better than yourpsp in terms of delivering stuff worth looking at.

B3D Forums is looking for a field agent to investigate these spots and report on this forum. Prizes to be won! Whoever provides the best written report (minimum 100,000 words without any repetitions) will win a picture of a shiny object. Oooooo...

Also, there's a competition that asks for your email address, and requires two unlabelled fields to be filled in. You might win PSP goodness, if you can figure out what exactly you're supposed to put in the boxes. The terms and conditinos say winners will be notified by telephone within 7 days, so why do they need your email address, and why don't they ask for you telephone?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the slickest Sony associated site I've seen in a long time! But I promise not to raise my expectations...

Not many hot-spots as yet (as Shifty subtlely notes) but I guess if you've got HMV on Oxford St. (what no Virgin Megastore??) it's gonna be available to a lot of PSP owners. Just hope the stores don't get flooded with teenage punks :(

The media seems half decent. Shame I'm still waiting for my PSP to be delivered...

BTW, I nominate LB to go check the London spots out - with his moniker it's practically a sin not to. And yes I know he's busy but it's worth a punt, after all all work & no play...

I like Sony's flash sites. Their PlayStation site is similar. The layout and interfaces are pretty straightforward yet slick. Shame the content's not worth viewing ;)

By accounts all there is little worth seeing at these hotspots at the moment. Plus downloaded content can't be stored and tried later which is a bit manky. Ideally I'd want to take a demo away to try, rather than have to try in store.

It must be a personal thing. I just had a quick look around the PS2 and PS3 sites and I much prefer the platstationspot one. It's probably the choice of colours or something but I do feel it's not as fussy as the others.

DL'ed content that could be stored to be used later would be sooo sweet. I know wi-fi hotspots are realtively new but it would be unprecedented wouldn't it? What do Nintendo do with theirs? In principle it isn't much different from those demo discs from games mags is it? Ok, the mags may cost... £5 a pop but.... but.... it would be such a draw. The thing is how to make money from that.

"Sorry sir, to DL you have to buy our frosted frappacino with a twist of lemon for £7.95"

Talk about diversifying.

Back