PSN purchases from US store dont work?

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
I am from EU and I used to purchase stuff from the US playstation store. Now all of a sudden my visa card is not valid

I used the Beverly Hills address which used to work. Now it tells me that my address is not valid with my Credit card which was not a problem before

Did Sony do something?

Some Visa card providers have added a sequrity layer. Lots of people had problems with the swedish store as well.

Well I bought Final Fight. I wonder why it asks me to be connected to PSN to be able to play the game.

I wonder why it asks me to be connected to PSN to be able to play the game.
Probably for trophies, version checking, multiplayer matchmaking (if it supports internet multiplayer) and so on.

Anyway, why does it matter? Do you want to bring your PS3 out to your internet-less forest log cabin with the intent to play final fight? ;)

Probably for trophies, version checking, multiplayer matchmaking (if it supports internet multiplayer) and so on.

Anyway, why does it matter? Do you want to bring your PS3 out to your internet-less forest log cabin with the intent to play final fight? ;)

You never know ;)

I hope it's just an error. This kind of DRM is inexcusable.
I agree, sometimes you don't want to play while signed in because you don't want any messages, or anyone finding out etc. Unfortunately, with Digital Downloads they could force this, since you had to be online to download the game. Another reason why packaged media isn't going away and is better than downloads. With blu-ray and a reasonably designed architecture, (i.e. Either PS3 style, or 360 style with unflashable DVD firmware) you don't need to rely on online connectivity to prevent piracy, and games can't be shared because there's only one disc.

Back