PS5 Pro *spawn

Can we please reduce the editorialising and focus more on technical talk? Thanks.
It just means that newer AMD hardware will get the 2-3x boost in RT performance as well. In other ‘bad news’, FSR4 will use AI upscaling instead of image based like FSR1-3
As rasterisation was never the problem with the current RDNA this means that PS5 Pro will probably well perform above the equivalent 2x as expensive PC, especially when using Nvidia

What? That console power was bottlenecked by the weak CPU. So much power more than many GPUs, to still play at 30fps. That console was a frankenstein and was there just for the ego of the owners including Spencer. They could have included Zen 1 and it would have been without compromises. That's the most unbalanced mid-gen console ever.
Man I respect you and many many of your posts are brilliant, but I can agree on this one. There were a lot of games what work on Xbos One X in two modes graphics and performance. And main idea of that console was to run games at 4k. Many games really work at 4k ar near 4k on that console. Yes CPU wasn't the best but GPU was a lot more what could've been expected from what console, 12GB of RAM, 384 bit memory bus, small case, Ultra BD disc drive. Trully great mid-gen console and trully premium class.

I understand less and less that stuff about CPU and 60 fps. There were a lot of games with 60 fps on PS1, PS2 (very much), Xbox, Game Cube, a lot on Xbox 360 and PS3, 60 fps games were on Wii, even on Switch with mobile hardware from 2015. And then there was PS4 and Xbox One, and somehow those consoles CPUs were not good enough for 60 fps. But there were a lot of games with 60 fps also. All that talks started with those consoles. But I think problems are not in CPUs but in not so high quality hardware as before, (and we see same problems in others industries), and lazy devs. I understand what there are a lot of very good developers even today, and there are a lot of top tier, even some legends. But overall, all lets say level today have droped a lot. With all those automatizations with hardware and software, game engines and development processes, overall level become lower. That's very sad, and it's getting worse and worse every year. I remember a lot of talks about hard to develop for PS3, and now we have super easy consoles and all the time there are some problems, with framerate, resolution, bugs, glitches, 50GB patches etc.

Last edited:
Man I respect you and many many of your posts are brilliant, but I can agree on this one. There were a lot of games what work on Xbos One X in two modes graphics and performance. And main idea of that console was to run games at 4k. Many games really work at 4k ar near 4k on that console. Yes CPU wasn't the best but GPU was a lot more what could've been expected from what console, 12GB of RAM, 384 bit memory bus, small case, Ultra BD disc drive. Trully great mid-gen console and trully premium class.

I understand less and less that stuff about CPU and 60 fps. There were a lot of games with 60 fps on PS1, PS2 (very much), Xbox, Game Cube, a lot on Xbox 360 and PS3, 60 fps games were on Wii, even on Switch with mobile hardware from 2015. And then there was PS4 and Xbox One, and somehow those consoles CPUs were not good enough for 60 fps. But there were a lot of games with 60 fps also. All that talks started with those consoles. But I think problems are not in CPUs but in not so high quality hardware as before, (and we see same problems in others industries), and lazy devs. I understand what there are a lot of very good developers even today, and there are a lot of top tear even some legends. But overall, all lets say level today have droped a lot. With all those automatizations with hardware and software, game engines and develpment processes, overall level become lower. That's very sad, and it's getting worse and worse every year. I remember a lot of talks about hard to develop for PS3, and now we have super easy consoles and all the time there are some problems, with framerate, resolution, bugs, glitches, 50GB patches etc.
Yes maybe I got carried away a little here.

but I can agree on this one
You meant "I can't agree" if I follow you correctly?

I understand less and less that stuff about CPU and 60 fps. There were a lot of games with 60 fps on PS1, PS2 (very much), Xbox, Game Cube, a lot on Xbox 360 and PS3, 60 fps games were on Wii, even on Switch with mobile hardware from 2015. And then there was PS4 and Xbox One, and somehow those consoles CPUs were not good enough for 60 fps. But there were a lot of games with 60 fps also. All that talks started with those consoles. But I think problems are not in CPUs but in not so high quality hardware as before, (and we see same problems in others industries), and lazy devs. I understand what there are a lot of very good developers even today, and there are a lot of top tier, even some legends. But overall, all lets say level today have droped a lot. With all those automatizations with hardware and software, game engines and development processes, overall level become lower. That's very sad, and it's getting worse and worse every year. I remember a lot of talks about hard to develop for PS3, and now we have super easy consoles and all the time there are some problems, with framerate, resolution, bugs, glitches, 50GB patches etc.
I actually think that PS3 and 360 were the worst in terms of framerates. On PS4 we got spectacular butter smooth looking games like Doom Eternal near it's end life circle. 60fps on a AAA on PS3 was a rarity

I actually think that PS3 and 360 were the worst in terms of framerates. On PS4 we got spectacular butter smooth looking games like Doom Eternal near it's end life circle. 60fps on a AAA on PS3 was a rarity
For me better some problems with fps, (and most AAA games on those consoles haven't big problems with fps, or haven't at all), than all this stuff starting with 8th gen. When you come home put disc and wait for 30-50 min instalation and day one patch, to start play. Also bugs and glitches count skyrocketed.
And also :) Don't forget 5th gen consoles. That was time with realy low framerates. Especially N64.

He is not on Twitter because of totalitarists taking over freedom of speech in Brazil.
Oh man, I hope they sort it all out otherwise I'm not liking what Elon Musk has done with Twitter. He basically killed my favourite app. I wish he had stayed away from Twitter. It wasnt perfect but now everyday all I hear is some controversy. Everyday its someone fighting someone fighting someone, my whole feed is littered with so much nonsense, replies to tweets are hidden, lawd. I'm going to look for Kepler on other platforms then

He is not on Twitter because of totalitarists taking over freedom of speech in Brazil.
No, Twitter is banned there cuz Musk is petty and never got over his "You cant tell me what to do" phase like most people do after the age of 10. Brazil was hardly asking a lot at all, and they'd be ridiculous to back down and show their courts have no teeth against corporations.

It'd be great if more of the tech community on Twitter could migrate elsewhere, honestly.

EDIT:

I don't understand who WCCF misunderstood what Cerney said.
It's like Cerny said that RDNA4 RT capabilities only exists because of Sony, that AMD wouldn't do it if Sony hadn't pushed them to do it. This isn't true at all, the only thing Sony is responsible is placing an order asking for a custom die that adds RDNA4 RT to the RDNA3 architecture.

Tuíter is NOT banned, only suspended.
It can come back tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
s gibt aber auch Spiele, in denen RDNA 3 teils klar vorne liegt. Den größten Vorteil erkämpft sich die Architektur in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, wo RDNA 3 bei gleicher Rechenleistung mal eben 21 Prozent performanter als RDNA 2 ist. Auch in A Plague Tale: Requiem gibt es mit 13 Prozent einen größeren Vorteil, in Cyberpunk 2077 sind es 10 Prozent und in Spider Man: Miles Morales 12 Prozent.

I don't understand who WCCF misunderstood what Cerney said.
It's like Cerny said that RDNA4 RT capabilities only exists because of Sony, that AMD wouldn't do it if Sony hadn't pushed them to do it. This isn't true at all, the only thing Sony is responsible is placing an order asking for a custom die that adds RDNA4 RT to the RDNA3 architecture.

Tuíter is NOT banned, only suspended.
It can come back tomorrow.
So you are saying it is not really RDNA4 right? same way that PS5 was not RDNA2 I guess..

Back