PS5 Pro *spawn

Very unlikely. I can't imagine any reason for display port except for the front usb c port for PSVR2 similar to ps5.

PS5-Pro-croquis.jpg

Apparently similar to current slim with 2 usb c on front. Possible only digital version + separate blueray.

If it's so similar in size it's definitely not using 6nm. Max 5nm.
Or maybe it's going to be very noisy. The cooler in the original PS5 was very oversized, and probably could have dissipated another 70-100 watts or so.

Who knows what the calculation for the cheapest result is, bigger chip with bigger cooler while getting a cheaper fabrication node or smaller chip and smaller cooler with a more expansive node?

This was the easiest speculation guess of all time. AMD doesn't have any other tech. The only interesting thing about this console will be what Sony can deliver WRT reconstruction.
Yeah, you add 45% in raster to a 6700 and you get a 7700XT. It's just confirmation. I'm sure some people are going to be disappointed, but as long as it can do 1080p to 4k with PSSR actually being good, it's going to be a great upgrade.

What does PS5 Pro being close to 7700 XT mean for graphics?
Cleaner and sharper visuals in games which likely bottomed out at some very low internal resolutions on the OG PS5. PSSR means better image stability with less breakup and other artifacts caused by other reconstruction solutions. It also means more stable target framerates. And finally, it means better RT effects which are more detailed and sharper, including being traced against more geometry at higher details.

What I expect in terms of numbers, if a PS5 is doing 720p to 1440p with fsr 2 with one ray tracing effect, a PS5 pro could do 900p to 1440p with PSSR with 2, maybe 3 ray traced effects.

In practice, a PS5 producing a image that is kind of blurry and smeary, and a PS5 pro that from normal tv distances looks sharp enough.

Cleaner and sharper visuals in games which likely bottomed out at some very low internal resolutions on the OG PS5. PSSR means better image stability with less breakup and other artifacts caused by other reconstruction solutions. It also means more stable target framerates. And finally, it means better RT effects which are more detailed and sharper, including being traced against more geometry at higher details.
But will the graphics look better than the base PS5 tho?

Back