PS3 System Update 3.30

I was trying to see if turning off JavaScript will help.

I could play the trailers fine (from my home network). The episodes seem to be blocked. It says, "Please wait" but the video never show up. Is this the case for the older version ?

The Comedy Network site seems to be designed for Internet Explorer - it's always been a bit of a mess in Firefox under Ubuntu but was at least marginally usable in the PS3 browser other than the fact I rarely can play the last clip in a series (just stalls out for some unknown reason).

The hard system lockups however are a new feature and definitely suck.

Cheers

More on Qriocity:
http://www.sonyinsider.com/2010/04/22/sonys-qriocity-video-on-demand-service-now-available/

May be PS3's mlb.tv is based on Qriocity tech ?

Looks like it will compete with the PSN video store (Downloadable purchase and rental models vs streaming rental. No subscription model like NetFlix's yet).

This is the first service for SOS.

EDIT: How in the world did those people miss the new EULA section on Qriocity and Sony Online Services ? Instead they zoomed into some non-news old statements ? >_<

I still dont understand how do I access Qriocity

The Comedy Network site seems to be designed for Internet Explorer - it's always been a bit of a mess in Firefox under Ubuntu but was at least marginally usable in the PS3 browser other than the fact I rarely can play the last clip in a series (just stalls out for some unknown reason).

The hard system lockups however are a new feature and definitely suck.

Cheers

Sounds like a recipe for browser troubles. You might want to check back later. it is not uncommon for some JavaScript ads to crash the browser.

I still dont understand how do I access Qriocity

According to that article, it's a seprate icon under (Bravia) XMB.

Sounds like a recipe for browser troubles. You might want to check back later. it is not uncommon for some JavaScript ads to crash the browser.

According to that article, it's a seprate icon under (Bravia) XMB.

So not on PS3 XMB?

Since Sony added Qriocity to the PSN EULA yesterday, it may be coming soon. Or perhaps the MLB.TV app -- also available since yesterday -- is built on top of it. MLB.TV is essentially a video streaming service.

There's also a Qriocity website that you can log into using your PSN id. It lists PS3 devices and PSP devices and you can supposedly deactivate them.

Or at least that's what the button there says. You click on it and it tells you to deactivate your PS3 via your PS3. Hardly a fix for YLOD'd devices. And for PSP it asks you to connect your PSP to the computer, which isn't that useful for me wanting to deactivate a PSP I had stolen.

As an owner of a launch PS3 and since recently a brand new PS3slim - I'm disgusted to say that remote-play still doesn't work properly.

If you turn off the console during a remote-play session, the PS3 will switch off with a double beep and the wake-on-lan will not work (no greenlight at the front of the PS3 anymore). The same happens if the PS3 turns off automatically via sleep setting while remote-play is active.

I mean how hard can it be? Is this stuff not tested? That this feature perhaps didn't work flawless on the original PS3 is somewhat understandable, but this isn't a new feature anymore and with the PS3slim, I expected nothing less than a flawless usage from it.

Epic fail.

:rolleyes:

I agree, the remote play over internet has been very erratic on my launch fat PS3.
At home it usually works fine, but if I try and access it ouside, it almost always fails.
Direct WiFi star works, but id does sometimes turn off wrong, so that next time remotre start is not possible.
There has been numerous bugs through years, one that bugged me immensely was that PS3 used to start by itself if internet remote start was on. It's fixed now, I'm not sure if it was some new firmware or my new router.

This is one function that would be wery much of use to me, if only it worked. I was kinda hoping the slim had these issues resolved :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, the remote play over internet has been very erratic on my launch fat PS3.
At home it usually works fine, but if I try and access it ouside, it almost always fails.

Have you tried making some ARP settings to your router? I never quite got it the wake-on to work from outside of my network and to be fair, never ended up testing it to that extend, but setting a static ARP address (letting your router know that the mac address of the ps3 belongs to that IP address) seemed to be one of the solutions to gain access to your PS3 from outside.

I'm just very disappointed to still have those "unclean turn-offs" even with the slim. If you use the browser and the PS3 crashes - fine. I could live with that. But to have it shut off with an error by just being on remote-play kind of makes the entire feature pretty much worthless.

Remote play would have been an ideal solution to not having to turn on my projector everytime I want to listen to music (via the mediaserver). And picking up the controller to blindly find the remote play option doesn't really cut it.

I really have to wonder how seriously Sony takes these "features" or if they even bug test them. I've checked the remote play function on 5 different PS3s (2 slim, 3 fat) in 3 different networks and the result has always been the same.

Have you tried making some ARP settings to your router? I never quite got it the wake-on to work from outside of my network and to be fair, never ended up testing it to that extend, but setting a static ARP address (letting your router know that the mac address of the ps3 belongs to that IP address) seemed to be one of the solutions to gain access to your PS3 from outside.

I'm just very disappointed to still have those "unclean turn-offs" even with the slim. If you use the browser and the PS3 crashes - fine. I could live with that. But to have it shut off with an error by just being on remote-play kind of makes the entire feature pretty much worthless.

Remote play would have been an ideal solution to not having to turn on my projector everytime I want to listen to music (via the mediaserver). And picking up the controller to blindly find the remote play option doesn't really cut it.

I really have to wonder how seriously Sony takes these "features" or if they even bug test them. I've checked the remote play function on 5 different PS3s (2 slim, 3 fat) in 3 different networks and the result has always been the same.
Thanks for the tip!
Haven't tried that ARP setting. I've put all my networked devices on fixed IP's and disabled the DHCP, that solved some other (not necessarily PS3 related) problems.
I remember opening some recommended ports for PSN and maybe MGS4 online play caused the PS3 to spontaneously start if remote start was on, as closing those ports stopped it happening. I still have the recommended ports open for remote play.

Edit: Blah! My Belkin router doesn't seem to allow setting MAC adresses to specific IP's :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I use RemotePlay as a PS3 remote rather often. The PS3 Slide Show app is better than the PSP Slide Show app. I would love to have the ability to play my PS3 videos remotely (across LAN) too, including the rented movies.

The other way round is also useful: Stream PC and Mac screens to the HDTV via PS3.

I use RemotePlay as a PS3 remote rather often. The PS3 Slide Show app is better than the PSP Slide Show app. I would love to have the ability to play my PS3 videos remotely (across LAN) too, including the rented movies.

The other way round is also useful: Stream PC and Mac screens to the HDTV via PS3.

We dont have the PSN video store, but I was able to get the see my videos that are stored on a NAS, on my PSP through the remote play option.
Does the PS3 block for rented/bought stuff from PSN video store?

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2010/05/10/vaio-adds-remote-keyboard-support/

In addition to getting Remote Play support, Sony's VAIO computers will be able to act as a virtual keyboard for your PS3 system. The "Remote Keyboard" feature can be used in PlayStation Home and games that support the PlayStation keyboard. It may not be as portable as the official PS3 wireless keypad, but it should be far more comfortable.

I am guessing this may have something to do with Sony's upcoming Android TV + Logitech keyboard support.

LBP2 is said to support mouse + keyboard also.

I believe so. I gues the VAIO just comes with an app to function as a wireless keyboard, transmitting keystrokes, and such an app could be used on any Bluetooth enabled netbook. Which is both cool and inefficient, running an entire laptop just to provide a keyboard! I quite likethe idea of a wireless netbook sized tuck-away keyboard though. I didn't take to the official clip-on keypad.

I believe so. I gues the VAIO just comes with an app to function as a wireless keyboard, transmitting keystrokes, and such an app could be used on any Bluetooth enabled netbook. Which is both cool and inefficient, running an entire laptop just to provide a keyboard! I quite likethe idea of a wireless netbook sized tuck-away keyboard though. I didn't take to the official clip-on keypad.
There's a small wireless Logitech keyboard marketed as a Wii accessory. It's not perfect, but it beats fullsized keyboards bouncing around the living room. Plus it's white, which helps in low light conditions.
edit: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/gaming/mice_keyboard_combos/devices/4564

Back