PS3 Revisiting thread [2020]

My most memorable PS3 moments can't be replayed. Won't be the same anymore.

1. Demon's Souls: My virgin Black Phantom invasion experience. That was scary as hell.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/demo...of-demons-crack.350591/page-350#post-18164236

My co-worker watched me fight the Man-eaters in our office. He got so tensed that he grabbed my chair with both hands and swivel it violently; all the time screaming "Behind you ! Behind you ! Left ! Left ! Right !". So it was like in a self-driving Gran Turismo track _and_ fighting boss monsters at the same time.

2. Daily fun times with GAF
Trained and played with the reliable comrades there: Resistance: Fall of Men, Killzone, MAG

3. LittleBigPlanet with my 5 year old. Was amazed he beat one of the story levels alone after my wife and I gave up.
He's 14 now.

The cinematic games and the weird indie games are all great and I remember them too, but they lack the special "human" elements when I played them.

The cinematic games and the weird indie games are all great and I remember them too, but they lack the special "human" elements when I played them.
I think that some up what I value and want from games these days, the social interaction. I'm playing Apex Legends coop these days with a friend and it gives us the best cooperative experience since FIFA. You have to talk, and coordinate, and actually act as a team together. Every once in a while I look at an epic solo title like an Elder Scrolls or Nino Ku Nuni (?) and like the idea of sinking a load of time into it like I used to in games like Morrowind and FFX, but I just can't get into them.

I think that some up what I value and want from games these days, the social interaction. I'm playing Apex Legends coop these days with a friend and it gives us the best cooperative experience since FIFA. You have to talk, and coordinate, and actually act as a team together. Every once in a while I look at an epic solo title like an Elder Scrolls or Nino Ku Nuni (?) and like the idea of sinking a load of time into it like I used to in games like Morrowind and FFX, but I just can't get into them.

Emotionally vested.

The Souls series stands alone in this area in the PS3 era for me.

I also remember I was invaded and died sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times in Anor Londo that I disconnected the PS3 and leveled up one whole month to beat the level boss alone. And then to sought _justice_ and vend my anger, I camped in Anor Londo for another whole month helping others beat the boss _and_ the random human invaders.

“So the world can be mended”

Last edited:
Back