[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

Game Informer November issue has R3 for its cover:
http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/10/06/november-cover-revealed-resistance-3.aspx

A batch of stunning Resistance 3 screenshots recently hit the web, but those pretty pictures of Insomniac's upcoming PS3 shooter are a mere glimpse into the harrowing world that's awaiting new protagonist Joe Capelli. Our exclusive cover story is stuffed with never-before-told info on the new hero, the brutal Chimera-ruled world, changes to gameplay, and even a glimpse at new weaponry and threats.

[Close eyes. Chanting "weapon wheel"]

[Close eyes. Chanting "listen to patsu"]

That's a awesome cover.. :p
Maybe I shall order myself a gameinformer-subscription.. :)

Happy to see the big stuff on that cover. Hopefully they're not just confined to boss fights this time.

They should reintroduce the horror theme. I remember scouting the tunnel and the underground base in RFOM. I cursed at myself whenever I bumped into one of those metal chairs/tables. They made loud banging or scratching noises in an otherwise dead environment. I would turn around quickly, half expecting swarms of critters or fast hybrids charging at me.

I believe that was Cheshire? I remember jumping when the orange images of the angel flashed on the screen.

I can't remember the name anymore, but you're right, it's the first level where he met a trapped Angel.

I do not like the hints about being having less scope for R3, please do not kill the coop, it was the best part of R2.

Well… they don't have to rewrite the engine this time I hope.

Scope management is a good thing. They should focus on a few interesting paths. I don't expect them to get rid of 8P co-op. We may visit fewer places (or old places) instead. And have fewer bosses. I thought RFOM SP has always been about the mix of smart foot soldiers.

I recognized jstevenson and Ted Price. Who're the other two gentlemen ? Also jstevenson said Nathan Hale is dead. Ain't fooling me. >8^P

It's like telling us "The Last Guardian" is not a sad game. I just can't buy it even if it may be true.

I do not like the hints about being having less scope for R3, please do not kill the coop, it was the best part of R2.

They did say they went from 2 years dev. time, to 3 years. That may allow them to maintain a similar scope while also improving the quality.

They did say they went from 2 years dev. time, to 3 years. That may allow them to maintain a similar scope while also improving the quality.

I am all for that, but to me it also sounded that they cut back a bit on the scope.
But if they would have kept coop a live a bit longer with DLC, it would have been great.

So I am hoping for more coop missions this time, maybe even bigger squads, but thats not so important.

And when the %&/¤%/ is the release date ;)

Are you on GAF? Send him a PM to answer in a future podcast. I like his questions in this episode because they are from the users, and very relevant; especially the WidowMaker one ("It's working in RFOM, why not in R2 ?").

Are you on GAF? Send him a PM to answer in a future podcast. I like his questions in this episode because they are from the users, and very relevant; especially the WidowMaker one ("It's working in RFOM, why not in R2 ?").

That was interesting. They mentioned in the Insomniac Museum in A Crack in Time that they couldn't get an enemy working again either. Had wondered why.

Yeah, I wonder what exactly didn't work for WidowMaker. They eventually got 3 Stalkers to run in parallel in Chicago. Should be ok for WidowMaker now, my guess. The only difference is the weapon system. I like WidowMaker's weapons better (poison and blobs). It's more difficult to predict.

I read somewhere (forgot where) that RFOM ran largely on the PPU (No or very little SPU).

I should visit that museum again. It has some nice tidbits.

I don't think I've heard any hints about "smaller scope". I think they're certainly trying to make the game more intimate from a single player POV, and perhaps will tone down the numbers for online MP (possible scale back to 40) but I don't think that means they're going to kill anything.

They may change the co-op, but I feel very confident in saying that the progression system will still be there. We'll see how it all pans out though!

Back