[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

I don't think I've heard any hints about "smaller scope". I think they're certainly trying to make the game more intimate from a single player POV, and perhaps will tone down the numbers for online MP (possible scale back to 40) but I don't think that means they're going to kill anything.

They may change the co-op, but I feel very confident in saying that the progression system will still be there. We'll see how it all pans out though!

@12:50 or there abouts and out, they talk about R3 and I interpret that as they might narrow the scope a bit. :)

I really hope not, but not 110% sure, if you know what I mean.
Also I liked the coop in R2, really no need to change it a lot, it was great fun to play with friends, much more than competetive, imho.

This information comes from the latest issue of Game Informer…

- Weapon wheel in the game
- Capelli started a family with Susan(Hale’s Stepsister)
- Malikov is alive
- Co-op campaign confirmed (Capelli, Malikov, & John Harper) are key characters
- No alternate story co-op similar to Resistance 2
- Scenes described in the magazine, some are related to the leaked pictures
- African Prison is one map
- Chimeran Plant Life (explodes when shot) shows the world is changing
- Boat scenes from the campaign described
- New, smarter AI
- Climb over walls, through windows
- Long legs jumping from roof to roof shooting down at you
- The Mutator is a new weapon, shoots biological mist which causes boils and other elements on the enemy
- Then it makes them pop, which hurts other nearby enemies
- Secondary fire makes them go crazy, attack their cohorts
- Bullseye, Magnum, Shotgun, Auger, carbine returning
- Upgrade weapons as you use them more and more
- Weapons have been made to look more improvised
- Grenades are shaped like food cans full of nails
- Online discussed, not much known yet
- Want to make it more organized, not a cluster like the 60 player matches in Resistance 2
- Ted Price handed the reigns to Marcus Smith to do much of the other work
- Humans are eating other foods due to a lack of food
- Vaccine might be able to cure the chimeran virus
- Capelli is doing this in order to save his son
- He goes with Malikov to New York, St. Louis, etc.
- No more gas, everything needs to run off of Chimeran Energy cores
- The cores have to be stolen from chimeran ships

A few more details from GI.

Who is Marcus Smith ?

EDIT: Come to think of it. Given the weapon wheel and secondary fire, this game may not be Move friendly.

Why is the world we are living in not perfect?

I am disappointed that there's no "MMO-style" 8 player co-op anymore. For me that was the best thing about R2.

Damn, did not know that...this is kind of bummer, because I loved that mode!

The only thing that would make me happy again is that they are working on a standalone game with this mode as basic - I feeling tells me that this is going to be the new multiplat game...note this in you calender, you heard it first here :mrgreen:

Who is Marcus Smith ?

EDIT: Come to think of it. Given the weapon wheel and secondary fire, this game may not be Move friendly.

James said Move is TBD. Weapon wheel would be easy, hold L1 to pull up the wheel, use the analog stick to select a weapon (or even the pointer). Tap L1 to cycle.

For alt fires, you could have primary fire mapped to the trigger, and the secondary fire mapped to the L2 button. Move button to bring up iron sights. Circle for grenade, X for 'interact'. Click analog stick in to sprint.

Seems like it could work, but if Insomniac doesn't like it, they won't implement it. That said, I feel very confident that if they do implement it, it'll be for Single player only.

I am disappointed that there's no "MMO-style" 8 player co-op anymore. For me that was the best thing about R2.

Me to, will have to reevaluate if I'll actually bother to buy it now. Because the 8p coop thing is what was fun about the game. Ohhh crap :/

The only thing that would make me happy again is that they are working on a standalone game with this mode as basic - I feeling tells me that this is going to be the new multiplat game...note this in you calender, you heard it first here :mrgreen:

Yeah, I sure hope you're right. Too bad we can't play with Xbox Live gamers though.

Me to, will have to reevaluate if I'll actually bother to buy it now. Because the 8p coop thing is what was fun about the game. Ohhh crap :/

Have you tried RFOM before ?

- Weapon wheel in the game.

That's good to hear.

- Malikov is alive.

Weak, he died in R2.

- Co-op campaign confirmed (Capelli, Malikov, & John Harper) are key characters.

Great, glad to see this return. I played a lot of Rfom's co-op.

- No alternate story co-op similar to Resistance 2.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out like that. I wouldn't mind it either. This way they can focus on getting the most out of it, without having to fit within the Resistance universe.

Yeah, I'm all kinds of bummed about that too. R2 coop was the future of fps games, and now they just cut it? Oh well.

Now I'll have to find a substitute. More Borderlands? Not quite the same I'm afraid.

Have you tried RFOM before ?

I played SP, never liked the MP of it and never liked the competitive of part of R2. Between them I probably got 1.5 games of MP. So no I did not give it a decent try, but it did not click really. Same problem I got now with KZ3, it just does not "click" for me.
Also most of my friends want to play online coop and having a team of up to 8 players meant that more could join, now only 1 can join, which is sad :) And most of them are not hardcore gamers, so being owned by leet players is not that much fun.
Maybe its just difficulty setting that does it, because multiplayer online usually means hardcore skills to have fun.

I have to agree with Rolf N, that the R2 coop was what I hoped for future coop in all games.
I never tried Borderlands, how does the coop there compare to R2?

Yeah, and since the new social world gives me the easy opportunity to gripe, I said that I was disappointed on twitter to Insomniac and James Stevenson.

Last edited by a moderator:
That scientist guy. If I remember correctly he was responsible for creating Daedalus. He supposedly killed himself.

And there is the key word :)

All we have is a Journal Entry where he says "In this box I have four vials of morphine, that should be enough. I will not be judged". No idea if he's talking about killing himself, or someone else. Hell, he could have been talking about putting Hale out of his misery, no one knows!

Fairly certain a lot of the technology they developed for the R2 co-op has already been implemented into Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One.

And there is the key word :)

All we have is a Journal Entry where he says "In this box I have four vials of morphine, that should be enough. I will not be judged". No idea if he's talking about killing himself, or someone else. Hell, he could have been talking about putting Hale out of his misery, no one knows!

Meh. Fake drama equals weak storytelling.

Back