[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

The boat level is even earlier than the Haven level right ?

Anyway, jstevenson clarified that the demo is supposed to be limited distribution. Heard it's been taken down from the Asia PSN ?

Hmmm....the R3 demo is available on pirate sites , specifically ps3iso !
I think I'll install CFW tonight and will chk it out. Everything is worth a R3 demo. While at it , will chk out Sonic and Doom on my ps3 too :) !

Oh boy, it's not worth the hassle if you read the Gaf R3 demo thread. Just wait for a better demo or the real deal. No point getting disappointed by an early rough demo, seriously.

Oh boy, it's not worth the hassle if you read the Gaf R3 demo thread. Just wait for a better demo or the real deal. Not point getting disappointed by an early rough demo, seriously.

Hmmm.......I am also afraid that I might brick my ps3, but the process feels simple enough.

Patsu, i don't think I'll be disappointed by it. I have been pointing out the low res textures ever since their first reveal, so I am prepared for that, but I just have to see that new blood splatter effect :D ! And I am mentally prepared that it is a lonely, on rails segment. I bet it would be fun in co-op with differently upgraded weapons of each player ! I hope insomniac allows new game + with R3, cos one needs to rty out the upgraded weapons in Hardcore mode :devilish: !

:LOL: Wow, a diehard Resistance fan ! Make sure your family members don't connect the CFW PS3 to PSN.

I should recommend a PSN Resistance fan to you. He has been quietly and diligently playing R2 on my friends list as recent as 3 months ago.

:LOL: Wow, a diehard Resistance fan ! Make sure your family members don't connect the CFW PS3 to PSN.

I should recommend a PSN Resistance fan to you. He has been quietly and diligently playing R2 on my friends list as recent as 3 months ago.

Heh ! Heh ! Somehow I can't wait for the old school, less cinematic, more fun oriented gameplay that we had in R:FOM :p . Infamous is another gem.

BTW, CFW installed. it was too damn easy, though I almost had a heart attack when my Ps3 gave me a black screen after installing CFW . Turned out it was normal :LOL: !
Demo is also downloaded, unraring it right now :p ! Time to rock n roll baby :devilish::devilish: !

Heh ! Heh ! Somehow I can't wait for the old school, less cinematic, more fun oriented gameplay that we had in R:FOM :p . Infamous is another gem.

BTW, CFW installed. it was too damn easy, though I almost had a heart attack when my Ps3 gave me a black screen after installing CFW . Turned out it was normal :LOL: !
Demo is also downloaded, unraring it right now :p ! Time to rock n roll baby :devilish::devilish: !

where did you get the demo from?

where did you get the demo from?

Ps3iso ! Can't give the specific link as u'll need to install CFW to run it, and that would be against forum rules I guess as Sony says CFW is illegal. You'll find it in their forums. I had googled just for fun and found it there.

As for the demo, I just played it and.............LOVED IT :cool: ! Yes, character textures are low res, but I think what people are really whining about is the fact that this boat level has a very "clean" look to it. No overly emphasised normal maps on walls n floors like every other game out there. I think that is what is troubling people. But thats a design choice here,I guess, as with an overcast sky, you can't expect to have a directional light to make the normal maps show.

Anyways, the lighting, colours on every wall seems to be so carefully chosen ! No wonder they didn't make it extra heavy on action. Its a beautiful sight. Those Grims on the rooftops are so well choreographed, its fucking beautiful ! Its like you wait and watch as they look beautiful in that white mist while you know they are just going to eat you up soon.

The only problem is that though all enemies are in place, the gameplay hasn't been tweaked well enough yet. The rossmore with the incidenary pellets is super powerful. Just wait for the enemies to board the ship and they are one-shot-kill with the flaming Rossmore ! Also, the Magnum is also a super weapon ! The Alt fire is deadly. I think thr fact that we have an unlimited ammo supply adds to the problem, as u can clear the level by just spamming one weapon.

Ah ! And the other issue was that the weapoms don't sound good. But I think that must have been fixed as a recent preview said that the Rossmore sounds deadly, but its the opposite in this demo.

Ps3iso ! Can't give the specific link as u'll need to install CFW to run it, and that would be against forum rules I guess as Sony says CFW is illegal. You'll find it in their forums. I had googled just for fun and found it there.

As for the demo, I just played it and.............LOVED IT :cool: ! Yes, character textures are low res, but I think what people are really whining about is the fact that this boat level has a very "clean" look to it. No overly emphasised normal maps on walls n floors like every other game out there. I think that is what is troubling people. But thats a design choice here,I guess, as with an overcast sky, you can't expect to have a directional light to make the normal maps show.

Anyways, the lighting, colours on every wall seems to be so carefully chosen ! No wonder they didn't make it extra heavy on action. Its a beautiful sight. Those Grims on the rooftops are so well choreographed, its fucking beautiful ! Its like you wait and watch as they look beautiful in that white mist while you know they are just going to eat you up soon.

The only problem is that though all enemies are in place, the gameplay hasn't been tweaked well enough yet. The rossmore with the incidenary pellets is super powerful. Just wait for the enemies to board the ship and they are one-shot-kill with the flaming Rossmore ! Also, the Magnum is also a super weapon ! The Alt fire is deadly. I think thr fact that we have an unlimited ammo supply adds to the problem, as u can clear the level by just spamming one weapon.
Can you PM me the link to the CFW?

I have a PS3 slim and a PS2 BC phat which is sitting there unused. I refuse to update it because I want to keep the other OS intact. Its like a rare gem for me since its so rare. I d like to give my phat some use some time for some homebrew stuff

When you go back to the official firmware. Make sure to copy you old game saves back first before starting a new MP game. I think I lost my GT5 online driver when I started GT5 with a new save file.

Can you PM me the link to the CFW?

I have a PS3 slim and a PS2 BC phat which is sitting there unused. I refuse to update it because I want to keep the other OS intact. Its like a rare gem for me since its so rare. I d like to give my phat some use some time for some homebrew stuff

Sent u a PM ! Also, while at it, do play Doom 2, Sonic, Contra, and all those old RPGs too. There's something very uplifting about playing them on the big HDTV with ur ps3 remote without all the hassles of running PC emulators. It feels as if you have the old consoles again :p ! That is the best part of CFW, along with Showtime!

Saw some of the scenes before (e.g., the invisible Chimeran snipers). The sniper level seems too easy because the snipers are scattered and isolated. I only need to pick them off separately. With an Auger, it's a piece of cake to take them out without taking any risk.

If they mix the enemy types in different waves/location like in RFOM (or a tower defense game), the game becomes much more interesting. I needed to switch weapons quickly because they may not be effective against certain enemies or terrain. Some of the snapshots show the hybrid AI, which is great !

The atmosphere looks suspenseful, which is awesome too ! ^__^

Yeah ! The boat demo mixes up enemies better , so that you switch between Bullseye for Longlegs ,Marksman for anything distant(Grims and drones), and Shotgun for whatever has boarded the boat. The only thing that takes away difficulty is that u have unlimited ammo and health on the boat !

BTW, there's a Mine town footage with the boss battle with a chimeran ship on a bridge at the end of that level too somewhere on youtube. It was a live Demo with Jstevenson playing, either with Gamespot or IGN!

well this is shaping up really nice!! I like the gritty tone and atmosphere...but as I typically insta buy Insomniac games anyway...I rather go black out for this game to avoid dirty spoilers!

Back