[PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

[size=-2]Don't worry, it can't compete with the other games. [/size]

Ahem ! The golden rule is "always target the customers". It's for my kid. He won't be playing U2, Demon's Souls or R&C. All are too complicated and less educational for him. ^_^

I still think R&C is under-exposed. This fall is very competitive. Demon's Souls and U2 are not push overs. They are really really good. I don't know what Jack Tretton did in his past life, but he is lucky to get 2 pink diamonds within a month.

Demon's Souls isn't in the running. It's a Mature game aimed at a different audience published by a company that generally doesn't print very many copies of its games.

First demo (Clank demo) is coming to US PSN this Thursday. Trine also, apparently.

Demon's Souls isn't in the running. It's a Mature game aimed at a different audience published by a company that generally doesn't print very many copies of its games.

That's true, but it is enjoying quite a bit of hype despite its smaller run. Core gamers will get sucked in there. For this fall, I suspect Sony's software revenue will still come from the same core gamer crowd (but larger).

Ratchet will probably benefit from its family friendly theme, especially from the EyePet delay in US. Will have to see how well their demoes work. I also see new R&C media on the official blog today. Perhaps, they will ramp up now.

Now if the "experience" is extraordinary like the other two, then all these "concerns" would be non-issues. It will have legs.

The problem I see is CoD MW2. It only sells that much because it appeals to both hardcore and casual gamers. And casual gamers usually only buy 1 maybe 2 games every now and then. So everything that is released close to CoD is directly competing with it. Which is why so many publishers have decided to delay their big games. (wouldn't it be funny if CoD got delayed :devilish: )

For R&C they may be relying on the existing fans to buy it anyway.

For R&C they may be relying on the existing fans to buy it anyway.

*nod* *nod*. It's less than a week now. Really hope that the space exploration is as great as Wind Waker's ocean exploration. I guess if I get stuck in DS for too long, then I will fire up R&C for some relief. ^_^ R&C is the only game I replayed end-to-end 2 times so far.

I really see no point in an online mode for this game. I'd rather have them use that time to make the game 20% longer... ;) (or make the game more challenging once you beat it and give access to the gold weapons)

There really hasn't been a lot of marketing for this game and it's a shame they kept saying it's going to be the last installment of the series, I'm definitely picking this up but I wonder what they're moving on to.
Indifferent2.gif

I wouldn't be surprised to see them continue with more R&C on PSN, actually (depending on the success of Q4B at it's new lower price point).

We know that they are working on Resistance 3, but honestly I think that's going to be in the cooker until 2011. Their "new team" is working on something that they said "Looked really good". Call me "crazy" but I think they might be doing some engine overhaul over there, and starting from the ground up with R3.

I'd say the rest of the team is going to do something unexpected with a new IP, I just can't think of the genre they'd put it in. I don't think they'd do an RPG, and I'm sure that another shooter is out of the question.

It's a mystery...but I like that :)

There really hasn't been a lot of marketing for this game and it's a shame they kept saying it's going to be the last installment of the series, I'm definitely picking this up .
Indifferent2.gif

yes, that is what I thought as well....I am really looking forward to play it...I heard they increased the length of the game compared to R&C: TOD, which is perfect news for me!

I wouldn't be surprised to see them continue with more R&C on PSN, actually (depending on the success of Q4B at it's new lower price point).

We know that they are working on Resistance 3, but honestly I think that's going to be in the cooker until 2011. Their "new team" is working on something that they said "Looked really good". Call me "crazy" but I think they might be doing some engine overhaul over there, and starting from the ground up with R3.

I'd say the rest of the team is going to do something unexpected with a new IP, I just can't think of the genre they'd put it in. I don't think they'd do an RPG, and I'm sure that another shooter is out of the question.

Hey, tha_con you're in Texas now, or still in SoCal ? I was thinking whether you're going down to their community day.

Hey, tha_con you're in Texas now, or still in SoCal ? I was thinking whether you're going down to their community day.

Yea :( Army put me in Ft Hood Texas, about 2 hour south of Dallas. I wanted to go, and was one click away from buying tickets (even had them reserve me a spot) but unfortunately I just couldn't get time off approved on such short notice to go tomorrow...seriously disappointed about that. Last years was awesome, and it would have been worth the money to pay and go again.

Wouldn't it make more sense if Resistance 3 was in preprodution now, and going in full production up till release next year. It's Ted price team that made both Resistance games. They have to be doing something right now, and if they are going that make a new IP at Insomniac the current R&C team seems like more logical choice to me. I can imagine they want to do something different after making R&C games for so long.

My guess for the new studio would be a PSP or PSN game seeing as it's a smaller team. I like what Insomniac did with Q4B. And wouldn't something like a new engine demand a constant communication with production teams, which might be difficult over that distance.

Anyway, it's all speculation. It's going to be interesting to see what they come with.

Back