[PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Dear Insomniac,

You can put as many awesome weapons as you want, but if you don't include Sheepinator or something equivalent, your game will never be as good as Going Commando (or Up Your Arsenal with Going Commando saves).

Thank you.

you have Monkeynator in this episode

nb4t47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thing about Sheepinator is not what it does, but how it does it. It's basically an infinite ammo short range weapon, that translates a shooter to a 3d platformer even in combat.

ToD didn't have anything like it. :(

Heh, that's what I did immediately after reading his comments:

Sheepinator is @ 6:36

Not sure if I understood him correctly. I think betan meant the game becomes a platformer because we don't have to worry about the enemies too much after that ?

Well, what I mean is not on youtube apparently. I would record something but lost the saves long ago.

Basically, when you use sheepinator against a large crowd possibly with guns, you have to keep it close to the enemy, and for the most part what you do is evade their attacks, melee and projectile, with jumping and strafing while trying to keep a rough focus on one of the enemies.
Enemies become more deadlier, but (both monetary and entertainment) rewards also become higher.

Best part of the gameplay for me.

Just started Tools of Destruction. I think this will be my favourite PS3 game so far. I'll be ready for 5, when it's out.

Heh... just curious, did you play the earlier Ratchet ? What exactly did you like about ToD ?

I remember when I played it I loved the ringing sound of bolt collection, and the feeling that every little thing is a game of sorts.

Heh... just curious, did you play the earlier Ratchet ? What exactly did you like about ToD ?

I remember when I played it I loved the ringing sound of bolt collection, and the feeling that every little thing is a game of sorts.

I just like that it's casual, accessible and most importantly fun to play. The graphics are nice, and the designs are unique and well animated. The cutscenes are pretty good, and I am not a fan of cutscenes.

More on space exploration:
http://pax.gamespot.com/video/6216888/

It looks really good from the off-screen camera. Need to see some direct capture footage.

The video looks great. The moon itself seems pretty small though, but I am guessing there's lotsa such moons around. I like that platforming is getting more love this time around.
Also, what seems wonderful is that the from the huge scale of the space, the gameplay seamlessly zooms in to the ground of that Shopping Depot. Its like yopu can still see all the space around you while you are suddenly on the ground. Feels great, must be some cool LOD trick making that happen!

I just like that it's casual, accessible and most importantly fun to play. The graphics are nice, and the designs are unique and well animated. The cutscenes are pretty good, and I am not a fan of cutscenes.

Cool, thanks for replying. I'll see if I can use your recommendations next time. :p

The video looks great. The moon itself seems pretty small though, but I am guessing there's lotsa such moons around. I like that platforming is getting more love this time around.
Also, what seems wonderful is that the from the huge scale of the space, the gameplay seamlessly zooms in to the ground of that Shopping Depot. Its like yopu can still see all the space around you while you are suddenly on the ground. Feels great, must be some cool LOD trick making that happen!

Yeah the moons in R&C can be small. They usually use multi-storey levels or multiple asteroids to expand the playing space. The planets are bigger (sometimes much bigger).

I am just hoping it's really like Wind Waker's ocean with lot's of things to do (Ghost ship, Kraken, dungeons, canon mini-game, changing wind direction, hunting for treasures, etc.)

I don't understand the obsession myself. Why can't single player games just remain as they are designed to be without developers being pressured into shoehorning multi-player modes into them? Why can't people just take things as they are or leave it?

Why cant they have MP...its not like it wont work they have once had it before. :|

Well that's the thing - it didn't work back then, not enough people used it. I personally thought that the multiplayer was quite fun though and that the lack of use was partly due to online play just not being all that common on the PS2 in the first place.

Personally I'm hoping they'll do an online, motion wand supporting PSN game or something similar sometime. The magnoboots are great for multiplayer.

I'm fine with either. The lack of MP may be a deal breaker for some. Insomniac will need to deliver an exceptional SP experience to draw them back.

Hey, I'm fine with it too, but seeing Quark in action, I couldn't help but imagine a coop for a second. Still cannot wait for the sp.

Back