PS3 Pre-orders - are they available yet?

i believe in some countrys there are official preorder ways by sony .

me here in belgium preordered in 3 different stores 10days ago

Many stores basically have to wait on allocation numbers, they don't want the same thing happening that happened to the 360. When sony gives them the allocation numbers (how many ps3's each store will get), which should be mid september according to reports, then they will start pre-orders. Right now, they just have a big black book (atleast in my local EB's) where they will take your number down and call you when it's time. Each store will get a certain amount of ps3's depending on the previous sales of their sony products like the psp or ps2. (basically, so they can find out which stores will need more)

I've heard, the more you put down (when the time comes), the higher you will be on the list. But that's just a rumor.

Another rumor is that the official sony store in CA isnt even taking pre-orders at all, some think its because free press for Sony when news channels catch hundreds of people waiting in line for hours at the biggest sony store around. Some speculate some kind of launch party happening the night before.

But yeah, around sometime in september (my guess around TGS time) you, me, and every one else will be able to pre-order in NA (EU is already allowing pre-orders, and some spots in canada). You may be able to find a Mom and Pop video game store who don't care about pre-orders to put your name on a list.

Cool & thanks. Hadn't checked the link out thoroughly myself.

As we all know pre-ordering still places you in a line. The problem will always be how many people are in front of you. Esp. with these unofficial internet orders that can be found at the link I posted earlier...

I think this month will be probably when pre-order schemes begin. Due to Sony would be in full production and some numbers will be possible to know for Nov. release.

Another rumor is that the official sony store in CA isnt even taking pre-orders at all, some think its because free press for Sony when news channels catch hundreds of people waiting in line for hours at the biggest sony store around. Some speculate some kind of launch party happening the night before.

That's not a rumor. I went to the PS Store last Friday and they said it would be first come, first serve.

Back