PS3 exhibit in China July 28-30

Angelcurio

Regular
- Sony will be exhibiting the PlayStation 3 console and its PS3 lineup at the 4th annual Chinajoy Expo in Shanghai, China between July 28 - 30. Besides Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft is also showing Wii and Xbox 360 in the Expo. Here is the list of PS3 titles at the show:

* Genji 2
* Formula 1 2006
* The Getaway
* Minna no Golf 5 [HotShot Golf 5]
* Heavenly Sword
* The Eye of Judgment
* Afrika
* LAIR
* Monster Kingdom
* Warhawk
* Singstar
* Assassin's Creed
* Mobile Suit Gundam
* Codearms Assault
* Ridge Racer 7
* Brothers in Arms
* Tekken 6
* Sonic the Hedgehog
* Virtua Tennis 3
* Virtua Fighter 5
* Stranglehold
* Fatal Inertia
* Blade Storm: The Hundred Yeas War
* Armored Core 4
* Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Link: http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

They will be showing 25 titles starting today until July30th, i hope that new LAIR footage is shown.

I seriously doubt it'll be anything not shown before. E3 has worldwide coverage and where you want to invest in demos. Any regional show is more likely to show the same footage for those who missed it last time. Creating demos takes time and effort away from actually developing the game, and this close to crunch time for PS3 launch titles, they'll give it a miss I'm sure.

Eh, dont bother, i dont know why i even bothered to bring it up. I wish summer would end so there would be some real content to dicuss on the forum. :)

LunchBox said:
any updates on this???
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060729/china_01.htm
According to the report there were no playable demos at all, only trailers were shown in the PS3 theater just like the TGS in the last year. It seems game consoles are strictly regulated under the communist party regime and it's banned to sell foreign game consoles in the mainland China. They were there only to show the presence and for PR in the future potential market.

one said:
It seems game consoles are strictly regulated under the communist party regime and it's banned to sell foreign game consoles in the mainland China. They were there only to show the presence and for PR in the future potential market.
Odd show. But haven't Nintendo got China-specific consoles? I'm sure some foreign corporation has.

According to the report there were no playable demos at all, only trailers were shown in the PS3 theater just like the TGS in the last year. It seems game consoles are strictly regulated under the communist party regime and it's banned to sell foreign game consoles in the mainland China. They were there only to show the presence and for PR in the future potential market.
errrr last time i went there were PS2s all over shanghai. Am i missing something?

Shifty Geezer said:
Odd show. But haven't Nintendo got China-specific consoles? I'm sure some foreign corporation has.
I think it's through a joint company with Chinese investment.

slackpiv said:
errrr last time i went there were PS2s all over shanghai. Am i missing something?
Local retailers can parallel-import and sell consoles, but SCE themselves can't.
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20060731/ch_game.htm
According to this report about China Joy and Shanghai, PSP, PS2, and DS Lite are currently sold there. Not many softwares are in shelves and PSP with 1.50 firmware is priced higher for the obvious reason.

Shifty Geezer said:

It's called Nintendo iQue

Wikipedia said:
The iQue Player (pronounced "IQ", the system's name is also Nintendo iQue) is a video game console that is being manufactured by iQue, a joint venture between Nintendo and Chinese-American scientist Dr Wei Yen. The system also goes under the Chinese name of Shén Yóu Jī (神游机), literally "God's Playing Machine". The console itself takes the form of the controller and plugs directly into the television. At the moment, it is only planned to be sold in China, mainly because of the rampant piracy issues there.

It manufactured by the joint venture company Ique Limited

EDIT: The Nintendo DS is sold as iQue DS in China. GBA Micro is the iQue Micro, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back