PS3 Drops 1080p and dual outputs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a FUD piece.
They are referring to the Kikizo article where they expected most games to be 720p.

This has nothing to do with the PS3's ability to output 1080p which will primarily be for movies and maybe a few games.

That piece is really shoddy "journalism" - they took the quote where the dev says he expects games to be 720p and upscaled to 1080i/p and turned that into "OMG no 1080p for PS3!!! hardware removed!!!!".

A quick look at some of the other entries on this site should tip you off as to the nature of it. ;)

I'd say if this has any truth to it you wouldn't hear it from some random ps3 site like ps3news.ca.

I can't view the site, but I can tell you that it's likely a BS story to get people to link to the site.

They just got the Kikizo comment about most games rendering at 720p arse-ways.

1080p output isn't going anywhere.

...negative rep point to dukmashik for being just a little too eager to run with this "headline" w/o researching further? :D What does the consensus say?

Mr. Hanky said:
...negative rep point to dukmashik for being just a little too eager to run with this "headline" w/o researching further? :D What does the consensus say?

Perhaps that you should get a negative rep point for suggesting that? He linked an article and didn't post in an inflammotory manner. Posting news articles that are negative to Sony should not deserve negative rep as many of you seem to think. Whether the article has merit or not is why there is discussion.

Intent should be accounted for. I doubt he was just interested in reporting the news. :rolleyes:

It's got nothing to do with fan****, duk. You were simply complicit to throw a bomb w/o the slightest self-perusal to filter out a bogus article. It's certainly not something to be encouraged, for the sake of keeping the noise level down alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that is the extent of your topic now, it is ripe to lock. I'm sure it's already been discussed what you think they will cut out to cut costs. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back