Proof that the Xbox 360 is not Xbox 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe technically it's correct to compare this 1st gen to last (1st) gen games, but I don't think it's right.. Even the same dev teams use quit different techniques now, have more knowledge, and software didnt stop developing. I expect(ed) a big difference between games still coming out for Ps2/xbox and xbox360/Ps3 launch games. I think we all do.

3roxor said:
snip....I expect(ed) a big difference between games still coming out for Ps2/xbox and xbox360/Ps3 launch games. I think we all do.
On one hand I have to admit, I expected a little more too but... there IS a big difference if you have played even a 4th generation Xbox1 game and now a 1st generation X360 game on an HDTV at home. Screenies on the internet don't even cut it.

OTOH, I think maybe us expecting so much was perhaps premature. This thread is a testament to *patience*. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
3roxor said:
Maybe technically it's correct to compare this 1st gen to last (1st) gen games, but I don't think it's right.. Even the same dev teams use quit different techniques now, have more knowledge, and software didnt stop developing. I expect(ed) a big difference between games still coming out for Ps2/xbox and xbox360/Ps3 launch games. I think we all do.

I think we already have a big difference, but people are just looking in the "wrong" places. When I play Kameo (which I think looks really good) I still can't get over just how many dragons and particles are always flying around. I so often hear on this very board how graphics aren't everything, and yet the very thing people seem to always want to compare are the graphics, I think it was determined months ago that it seems to be in this HD world that static images aren't going to cut it anymore, so many of the games are twice as good in motion. Also, is there any doubt that graphics for the 360 and the PS3 will get better as time goes on. As amazing as FNR3 is, imagine what 4 will look like.

Some of the people in this thread will never see any positives for or about the 360. I'm extremely happy with my 360, that in no way means I can't buy and enjoy the PS3 or the Rev. I mean do you guys actually realize that you are WORSE than politicians, at least they were voted in by people that shared their views and have they have their constituents to answer to...disregard this if you are a shareholder, that, I can at least respect.

nelg said:
It has all the relevance in the world. The comparison is made to demonstrate the ability of the hardware not early software. That is the point of the thread and it is well done. Even Deano, in his blog, made mention of the impact time will have on games.

http://rattie.demon.co.uk/?p=43
True, I'm not arguing that devs get much better at tapping the power of the hardware as time goes, and dramatically so. That's a 100% sure thing and that's how life goes.
I'm just puzzled as to why something that was more or less a PR statement (the xbox1.5 thing) aimed at the general public is needed to "prove wrong" here, after so long time the statement was made.

I mean, it's obvious. It's obvious to I believe anyone reading these forums, that xbox360 launch software does not represent what the machine is fully capable.
It's obvious, it's nothing we haven't fully understood since console generations past. Why the sudden need to lecture, to make such an obvious defencing statement.

Yea, it just pisses me off when people still whine after all these nonsense (and old for chris'sake) PR talk.
We know these things aren't absolute true already, and threads like these just fuel the unnecessary funboi wars (I know, as I am easily fuelled too ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back