Problem With Photo's And Power...

shaggysss

Newcomer
Hello every1,
it's my 1st post here but i have a problem i hope any1 can help me with it, i have piii 1ghz cpu, intel 815epea2 mobo, 512sdram, voodoo5 5k5, live platinum and 40gb 7200rpm wd hard disk...
that's everything i think, well the problem is sometimes when i try to open a photo under Windows XP my system turns off and doesn't go back unless i take of the power cable for 5 sec and return it back!!!!
i can't understand anything, it's not the system coz i've formatted and reinstalled new XP today and still, and not the rams coz i've changed the rams with 128 pc100 ram but same problem... :( :( :(
well can it be the hard disk???!?!?!
plzz help and thanx a loot... :D
Shaggy :rolleyes:

Not sure if it helps, but I used to have a similer problem with an old PC I had. Under Windows 98 SE whenever I resized a picture the system would just reboot about half way through.

Of course, I knew what the problem was, because it only happened when I was overclocking my Cele 500MHz to 623MHz (7.5*83). Put the Cele back to default speed, and no problems.

Are you overclocking anything in your system? CPU / memory?

re:

:oops: Well Sadly i say... No... i don't have anything overcolcked but i've tried to o/c my cpu once but i couldn't fine the pll of my mobo so i left it...
i just want to know what's the problem so i know what part to change, i doon't wanna change all my pc!!:)
thanx man...:D
Shaggy :rolleyes:

This is no real time forum, it was 30 min since your last post, I wouldn't expect a lot of replies in that amount of time.
Anyway, I would guess on something with the HD. Either a bad IDE cable, or just that the file in question is corrupt on a file system level.

oh... sooryy

sooo it's not a real time bored... hmmm i was wondering.. ok sorry...
aha thanx pascal..i'll try my hdd...
Shaggy ;)

I would have thought a possibility might be a display driver bug. XP can run in high res with simple VGA drivers.

Try that and see if it still happens. Obviously that isn't a long term solution but it will help diagnose the problem.

Back