Post your PS2 model no thread

At this time, a DTL-H10000 (the debug unit).
I want to buy one of those colored models too but I've decided to wait for PSTwo revision, preferably a sakura colored one :p

Hey Kats you're back among living? :p Check your Private Messages if you see this.

Hi London-B

I'm sure Sony has designed the PS2 to be perfectly fit into consumer grade Laser output products. Otehrwise they would never have got it past Safety Standard board.

However, my 10000 was ahum, "adapted" to play UK and USA games, cough cough. So it's not excatly an untouched virgin :D

I tried fit a new replacement laser assemble, but after a few minutes, the whole assemble starts to over heats again (too hot to touch).

Think the modification is the direct cause here. If you still have doubts, I have the disk and laser assemble to prove it heheh.

P.S. Referring to your quote: If anything, cats are better trainers... :p

Katsura said:
Hi London-B

I'm sure Sony has designed the PS2 to be perfectly fit into consumer grade Laser output products. Otehrwise they would never have got it past Safety Standard board.

However, my 10000 was ahum, "adapted" to play UK and USA games, cough cough. So it's not excatly an untouched virgin :D

I tried fit a new replacement laser assemble, but after a few minutes, the whole assemble starts to over heats again (too hot to touch).

Think the modification is the direct cause here. If you still have doubts, I have the disk and laser assemble to prove it heheh.

P.S. Referring to your quote: If anything, cats are better trainers... :p

Hey, think about it this way, u can use it as DIY Permanent Laser Hair Removal!! And maybe even Permanent Scarring For Life!!! :LOL:

SCPH-30004, one of the first to be released in Europe.

Still works great *knocks on wood*, but I have noticed that it has become somewhat slower while loading up the disc in the browser.

I hope he hangs in there.

Btw, I just got Champions of Norrath.. Its supposed to be on a DVD9 disc (dual layer), and some old PS2s have problems reading those kind of discs.

Not mine though Im happy to report. :D

While my PS2s still works fine after almost 4 years, my PC has had its CD-Drive replaced 2 times. ;)

Fast said:
SCPH-30004, one of the first to be released in Europe.

Still works great *knocks on wood*, but I have noticed that it has become somewhat slower while loading up the disc in the browser.

I hope he hangs in there.

Btw, I just got Champions of Norrath.. Its supposed to be on a DVD9 disc (dual layer), and some old PS2s have problems reading those kind of discs.

Not mine though Im happy to report. :D

While my PS2s still works fine after almost 4 years, my PC has had its CD-Drive replaced 2 times. ;)

If the PS2 had trouble reading DVD9, it wouldn't be able to play any DVD out there, since 99.9% of DVDs (video i mean) are double layer...

london-boy said:
If the PS2 had trouble reading DVD9, it wouldn't be able to play any DVD out there, since 99.9% of DVDs (video i mean) are double layer...

Well I remember some PS2s not being able to read Xenosaga (the first dual layered game?), and if you go to the Snowblind forums you can read comments like:

"I really think the dual layer print caused lots of problems for certain people, depending on the model of your PS2 and how good of shape it is in."

[…]

"I believe Xenosaga did have dual layer issues as well. From what I understand, some people simply couldn't get the game to run period."

[…]

"Sony should think twice about releasing a dual layer game in the future."

But these problems might just be some poor excuse from the developers not wanting to blame it on the game itself? ;)

Back