Post your gaming related idiotic misconception!

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
I am relatively a new gamer....I owned my first console (before that I played lots of Arcade stuff) at 15 yrs...it was Media, a clone of NES....till few years back (before owning PSX) I had some very idiotic assumptions....

I bought PSX (in 1999 I think) becse I thought it would play PC games...I didnt know that PSX plays PSX CDs.... :LOL: :LOL: and first game I searched was Q3A (obviously it wasnt there)...

well, i never had gaming related idiotic misconception.

It was me always defending and correcting the gaming related idiotic misconception of others! (gaming and PC vs Amiga :LOL: )

Back in my youth I had all the systems.. GameGear, TurboExpress, NES, SNES, Genesis, SegaCD, etc.. then PC gaming, or should I say, QuakeWorld TF stole my soul for what seems like an eternity, and I didn't give consoles a second thought.

Well, summer 2k1 I went out and totally compulsively purchased a PS2. Absorbed (and LOVED) all the games that came out in the subsequent months.. GT3, SH2, Ico, DMC, MGS2, SSX:Tricky, FFX, Rez..

So I guess my stupid gaming misconception was that the quality on the next gen console games were untouchable, as the games surpassed everything I've ever played before in all areas. Boy was I quick to realize the lineup during those 4-5 months were a total fluke, :LOL: :LOL:

edit: i guess the other was believing that Halo was an indicator of the kind of great games to come for XB :p :LOL: :LOL:

edit edit: i should say that I'm not flat out disappointed in everything thats come out since, but really there has (imo) been quite a steep drop off in the ratio of good:bad games in the past year or so.

zurich said:
Back in my youth I had all the systems.. GameGear, TurboExpress, NES, SNES, Genesis, SegaCD, etc.. then PC gaming, or should I say, QuakeWorld TF stole my soul for what seems like an eternity, and I didn't give consoles a second thought.

Well, summer 2k1 I went out and totally compulsively purchased a PS2. Absorbed (and LOVED) all the games that came out in the subsequent months.. GT3, SH2, Ico, DMC, MGS2, SSX:Tricky, FFX, Rez..

So I guess my stupid gaming misconception was that the quality on the next gen console games were untouchable, as the games surpassed everything I've ever played before in all areas. Boy was I quick to realize the lineup during those 4-5 months were a total fluke, :LOL: :LOL:

edit: i guess the other was believing that Halo was an indicator of the kind of great games to come for XB :p :LOL: :LOL:

edit edit: i should say that I'm not flat out disappointed in everything thats come out since, but really there has (imo) been quite a steep drop off in the ratio of good:bad games in the past year or so.

...someone had cash to spare... :LOL:

london-boy said:

Heheh, I was a waiter at the time, working at a restaurant in the, well, area where parades usually run during the summer :LOL: :LOL:

I got alot of tips, what can I say??? :D (like $200/day cash)

zurich said:
london-boy said:

Heheh, I was a waiter at the time, working at a restaurant in the, well, area where parades usually run during the summer :LOL: :LOL:

look, just say u were a rent boy.. we're not stupid u know... heheheh j/k

london-boy said:
zurich said:
london-boy said:

Lol, thats what it felt like at times to tell you the truth :p I had a few strange old types offering to pay my University tuition if I'd move in with them :LOL:

zurich said:
london-boy said:
zurich said:
london-boy said:

Lol, thats what it felt like at times to tell you the truth :p I had a few strange old types offering to pay my University tuition if I'd move in with them :LOL:

well, did u? gosh i gotta teach u guys everything dont i... :LOL:

Back