Pluto no longer a planet

I believe there are at least 2 or 3 threads on the subject, one still on this page. the search page is your friend.

epic

Yeah, right. There are two or three threads on a announcement made less than an hour ago. :rolleyes:

Epic, I felt it was worthy of a new thread since it was a new conclusion. If you don't like it/agree with me please contact your friendly authority-type figure mod and bitch to them that it is redundant and they can take whatever actions they feel appropriate.

Yay! That got rid of the little sucker!

I believe there are at least 2 or 3 threads on the subject, one still on this page. the search page is your friend.

Can I quote you on this next time a new thread on the Iraq war, terrorism, global warming, 9/11 conspiracy, Israel v whoever, George Bush Is A Idiot... starts up in RPSC? :p

That's total crap!!

Now they'll have to re-write Sailor Moon all over again!!

And it's really gonna be crap for my complection.

But how the heck am I supposed to remember the planets now?!?

"My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nine Planets", works for me...but, "My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nine", doesn't!
Nine what?!?!

This is just very horrible. :???:

That plan proved highly unpopular, splitting astronomers into factions and triggering days of sometimes combative debate that led to Pluto's undoing

I call for war on astronomical proportions. ;)

That was the proposal not the results, and I learned a long time ago to not click on any threads Kruno starts in general.

I think it was the toothbrush incident that started my brain filtering out his posts, but I'm not sure.

Anywho, if you got a complaint you do know what to do with it now. :)

Do I foresee a Sci-Fi remake of "The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain"? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They announced this in the late evening news, and added that instead of calling pluto a planet, it should now be referred to as a dwarf planet.

May I ask, on behalf of all the planets like Pluto, who find themselves looked down upon, that we humans refrain from using such negatively charged language, and instead use terms like 'vertically challenged planet' or possibly 'small person planet'. I think we can all agree on that, and will stop using these other, derogatory terms for our cosmic compantions!

They announced this in the late evening news, and added that instead of calling pluto a planet, it should now be referred to as a dwarf planet.

May I ask, on behalf of all the planets like Pluto, who find themselves looked down upon, that we humans refrain from using such negatively charged language, and instead use terms like 'vertically challenged planet' or possibly 'small person planet'. I think we can all agree on that, and will stop using these other, derogatory terms for our cosmic compantions!
LOL! :D

If Pluto is downgraded because it doesn't clear its orbit (because it crosses Neptune's), does that imply that Neptune should be downgraded as well because Pluto hasn't been cleared from its own?

Seems a sloppy definition, but whatever... just a name.

If Pluto is downgraded because it doesn't clear its orbit (because it crosses Neptune's), does that imply that Neptune should be downgraded as well because Pluto hasn't been cleared from its own?

Seems a sloppy definition, but whatever... just a name.

Yeah I was thinking that too.

Back