Please help with dumb question

Zapata

Newcomer
I signed up for the sub forum where one can discuss politics etc but I can not find how to get in to it?

Thanx Zapata

This thread has the whole story, but basically you can't see it because you're not a junior member yet.

1. Registered
2. Junior Member
3. Member
4. Senior Member
5. Regular

The promotion goes:
Registered -> Junior Member: 10 reputation points (the default) and 5 days registered and 10 Posts
Junior Member -> Member: 10 reputation points and 100 days registered and 100 Posts
Member -> Senior Member: 10 reputation points and 365 days registered and 1000 Posts
Senior Member -> Regular: 20 reputation points and 730 days registered and 5000 Posts

Each group has more forum capabilities / privileges (assume cumulative capabilities from each group):

Registered: Basic forum viewing, posting, search capabilities. Cannot use reputation, cannot rate threads, cannot use Private Messaging, cannot create polls, cannot see RPSC sub-forum of General Discussion.

Junior Member: Cannot use reputation, can rate threads, can create polls, can create signature, can view RPSC sub-forum of General Discussion. Can use Private messages – up to 50 PM’s stored.

Member: Can leave reputation, cannot leave negative reputation, cannot see who left reputation. Can use Invisible mode and post in RPSC sub-forum of General Discussion. Up to 100 stored PM’s, up to 5 recipients, with tracking

Senior Member: Can create custom title, can upload message attachments, can post calendar events (only events relevant to the site, please). Can leave negative reputation, can hide reputation. Up to 200 stored PM’s, can deny message receipts.

Regular: Can delete own posts, can move own threads. Up to 500 stored PM’s, up to 10 recipients.
Basically you need 10 non-spam posts in the core forums and positive reputation, that's about it.

I know it might seem a bit elitist, but the RPSC forum is a perk of being a member here and not meant to be a draw. It's where the people who like to hang out in the other sections of the site can go to talk politics, mainly to keep it out of the rest of the site. ;)

But I got the impression that Zapata wanted to post in RPSC, so he needs 100 days and 100 post in core fora. Which is a pretty clear message that people that aren't here for core fora shouldn't bother. Any atempt to post just for the postcount will be caught (and reset) before 100 posts.

At least not according to your own quote. Don't you read your own posts? :D

Maybe I should change the "Any atempt to post just for the postcount will be caught (and reset) before 100 posts" part. :p

But I got the impression that Zapata wanted to post in RPSC, so he needs 100 days and 100 post in core fora. Which is a pretty clear message that people that aren't here for core fora shouldn't bother. Any atempt to post just for the postcount will be caught (and reset) before 100 posts.

Oh, hey, nice catch. It's changed. Now Junior Members can read/post once they've also signed up to the RPSC usergroup in the Control Panel. :D

The sticky in SF has been changed to reflect that.

Much appreciated and thank you!

Thanx very much to digitalwanderer and the other people who responded on this matter, much appreciated and thank you again.:D

Saludos Amigos
Zapata

Back