Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Honestly, such a mess. They came out a few weeks ago to say that pre orders would not be a surprise and we’d have plenty of notice - fast forward two weeks and they have this showcase, with pre orders starting the next day, but a lot of retailers started straight away.

The whole cross gen thing doesn’t bother me at all, but why making such a fuss over “we believe in generations” if they were already working on PS4 versions of two of their biggest games? Cause of course they were, I don’t see how they just decided to develop PS4 versions in the last 2 months?

It makes total sense business-wise of course, as everyone said from the beginning, but what’s with the contradictory messaging??

Oh and don’t get me started with the ‘also available on PC’ lines which were then taken out and denied??? Wtf!

Last edited:
Got an online at very but just walked into game and no1 on the list so happy days

I’m sure there will be plenty of PS5s available at launch, so really not a big drama, but it’s just fun to see how a huge corporation like Sony can mess these things up after so many years.

Did they say something about BC ? I still don't know if ps5 runs ps4 in the enhanced PRO mode or only in the ps4-vanilla mode. I mean old games that the producer doesn't want to touch.

Nope and I really wanted to hear about upgrades to their big first party games. I’m sure they will run in “pro” mode if one is available, but nobody’s got time for Pro mode, we want PS5 mode! :)

Also, if they’re giving out their big PS4 games for free (with Ps+, if I understand that Collections thing correctly) I fear that they will think that’s enough and we’re never going to get PS5 upgrades for them. Which would be total crap.

I think Demon Souls looks fantastic amazing. Definitely one of the best looking next gen titles I've seen so far.

I will say this however, if it does end up coming to PS4 -- by merit of the discussion around 'last gen' is holding back next gen, or that the Series S will magically hold back Series X, it needs to end. It's entirely tone deaf to what we're seeing, games can scale.
Having some PS exclusive as a cross gen is not a proof that XsS won't hold back next gen. Like my example before, what if you have an idea to use ray tracing for gameplay purpose? Now it will just be cosmetic just like on PC, which I personally find it not all that useful and just a waste of silicon.

Having some PS exclusive as a cross gen is not a proof that XsS won't hold back next gen. Like my example before, what if you have an idea to use ray tracing for gameplay purpose? Now it will just be cosmetic just like on PC, which I personally find it not all that useful and just a waste of silicon.

Well, RT is cosmetic right now, that’s the reality.

Cross gen is a decision for the developer, so if anyone decides to have RT as a gameplay device they will simply make their game exclusive to next gen.

Did they say something about BC ? I still don't know if ps5 runs ps4 in the enhanced PRO mode or only in the ps4-vanilla mode. I mean old games that the producer doesn't want to touch.
They previously announced PS5 will be BC with Pro and confirmed officially that 99% of PS4 games will run on PS5.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/p...will-be-playable-sony-boss-says/1100-6482283/

SQx9xKJ6aXa3w4BZzgUy3h.jpg

Still think hzfw looks better then any of their other ps exclusives. Demon souls remaster looks like a cross gen title graphically.

I think Demon Souls looks fantastic amazing. Definitely one of the best looking next gen titles I've seen so far.

I will say this however, if it does end up coming to PS4 -- by merit of the discussion around 'last gen' is holding back next gen, or that the Series S will magically hold back Series X, it needs to end. It's entirely tone deaf to what we're seeing, games can scale.
For now DS is being developed exclusively on PS5 and has being announced as a PS5 exclusive. I don't think we'll have this discussion ever.

Yes maybe its the setting, hzfw’s is this colorfull paradise ;) Demon souls is dark and gray (good looking at that).
I think is ’in the same gen’ as mm and fw graphically, with different strong points.

Wtf is a Kensington lock and why have I never heard of it?

You used to get these on laptops back in the 1990s and early 2000s. Just preordered my PS5 from Amazon. Day 1 delivery confirmed.

I couldn't secure a second controller, charging station or remote. Amazon are releasing stock throughout the day, which I kind of understand but which is also very frustrating.

I wonder why they decided to have these curves. They could have kept
Well, RT is cosmetic right now, that’s the reality.

Cross gen is a decision for the developer, so if anyone decides to have RT as a gameplay device they will simply make their game exclusive to next gen.
But it is not just RT. It is physics, it is lighting, its number of NPCs, it is the freedom of interaction. All these can be related to gameplay and immersion and have a direct hit on performance.
We ve got significantly more powerful CPU and the SSD is supposed to be a game changer. These are areas where the One and the PS4 are significantly worse. No game will utilize these for their potential when they are cross gen

You used to get these on laptops back in the 1990s and early 2000s. Just preordered my PS5 from Amazon. Day 1 delivery confirmed.

I couldn't secure a second controller, charging station or remote. Amazon are releasing stock throughout the day, which I kind of understand but which is also very frustrating.
So Amazon UK is currently working?

I can see the listing now but co clicking in it takes me back to home

Edit: it must be some mechanism to cope with demand, it does eventually let you pre order.

Good luck Gaz

Last edited:
I wonder why they decided to have these curves. They could have kept

But it is not just RT. It is physics, it is lighting, its number of NPCs, it is the freedom of interaction. All these can be related to gameplay and immersion and have a direct hit on performance.
We ve got significantly more powerful CPU and the SSD is supposed to be a game changer. These are areas where the One and the PS4 are significantly worse. No game will utilize these for their potential when they are cross gen

Totally agree, and I look forward to see how the two versions compare. Much more interesting than the endless and a bit boring Xbox vs PS5 comparisons!

I managed to get mine on Amazon UK. I needed to use my work PC to get to the preorder page, my phone didn't work (kept redirecting).

Phew. I worried I wasn't going to get one for Xmas.

Edit: ordered the fugly one.

Back