pigs will fly Duke Nukem Forever

Meh. Just give us a weapon wheel and we'll decide which weapons we want use. No need to ever go searching for a gun when you can carry them all.

Does it matter that much :?:

For a Duke game? Yes! :D

Freeze Gun, Shrink gun, remote controlled car, whatever other gimmicky but fun to use gun, and then your slew of normal weapons.

Part of the charm of the Duke Nukem' FPS was the quirky ways to kill enemies at a moments notice. Limiting it to 2 weapons is just a shame. Besides 2 weapons is hardly "over the top" which is what Duke is all about. :D

Regards,
SB

For a Duke game? Yes! :D

Freeze Gun, Shrink gun, remote controlled car, whatever other gimmicky but fun to use gun, and then your slew of normal weapons.

Well, if it's that big of a deal, then they could just map those weapons to the d-pad (or let the user do so). Why they don't is anyone's guess. After all, they've been dicking with this game for like 10 years or so, so I guess they can't make up their mind about things like this.

I think it might be the Gearbox influence, they're huge fans of limited weapon loadouts. And since they are the ones finishing the game, it's inevitable that their own design philosophies will come into play.

I'm sure it'll still be fun and over the top, but I hugely regret that when just having fun and dicking around in the levels you won't have all the weapons available to you to play around with. That was something that made the original Duke Nukem 3D so infinitely replayable.

Regards,
SB

Leaked videos from when 3DR went under from last year show the game already had a 2 weapon system. And even Borderlands gave you at least 4 weapons to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back