pigs will fly Duke Nukem Forever

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by argor, Sep 3, 2010.

1. argor

Newcomer

pigs will fly :lol::razz::wink:
    from http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...h-consoles-and-pc.ars?comments=1#comments-bar

2. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

I think that's great. If gearbox can bring their same sort of humor and gameplay to DNF as they did to Borderlands, it'll be a huge success. I can't think of a better company to finish the game.

3. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

It exists!!!!! It exiiiiiistssss!!!!

4. Rangers

Legend

For the longest time, I seriously thought DNF was a long running industry practical joke. I'm not kidding at all. It seemed the only logical explanation.

In fact, I'm still not COMPLETELY convinced it's real until I see it on store shelves :lol: Somehow offscreen shakycam of some generic game isn't totally convincing.

Anyways, I have no interest in this at all. The whole inside joke as game thing has zero appeal to me.

5. dragonelite

Veteran

2011 is not the year for the pc,360 and ps 3 but it belongs to the king.
    All hail the king.

6. BoardBonobo

BoardBonobo My hat is white!
    Veteran

Its time to kick ass or chew gum... And I'm all out of gum.

7. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

I still won't believe it until it's on store shelves in purchasable final retail form.

8. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Lol looking forward t ohearing all the onliners by Duke. Even if games turn out to be average I'll still buy it, hell it's what I would burn off one night at the pub.. or strip club. :)

9. ShadowWolf64

Regular

When I read that DNF was coming out next year I thought my eyes were playing a cruel joke on me.But after seeing real gameplay from the PAX event and I'm honestly very excited after wawtching those videos..2011 is shaping up to be a great gaming year with games like Mortal Kombat 9, Dead Space 2, Gears of War 3, Killzone 3, Twisted Metal, DNF, etc..

All Hail The King Baby.... :shock::cool::grin:

10. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

What's the betting it'll be one of the lousiest games of all time? Generally the longer a delayed product is in creation, the worse it is, and nothing been delayed longer than DNF.

11. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

It's 700% guaranteed to suck.

12. Cornsnake

Veteran

They're probably just taking the "so bad that it's good" approach.

13. DeadlyNinja

Veteran

For a game coming out in 2020, those graphics sure look last gen.

14. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

All you haters must not have played Borderlands, or if you did, you played it on an inferior network like PSN or open space like the PC.

Take2 owns the rights, owns all the assets and gave it to Gearbox in order to put it together and make a cohesive experience. And they are just the team to do it.

I know there's going to be haters out there because no matter how good the game actually is, there's no way it will be good enough for a two decade long development cycle.

But I fully expect this game to be awesome and a lot of fun.

Will it have the best graphics? No, of course not. But then again, when was Duke Nukem ever about graphics?

15. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

Chill, man! I don't see any haters here. How can anyone be a hater of a product that hasn't even been revealed yet?! However, it is a pretty universal truth that games that get delayed and delayed and switch platforms and delayed again, etc., tend not to live up to the hype. So really, not expecting the greatest game every, worth 20 years in development, isn't a particular hostile stance to get upset over.

16. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

For me, it really doesn't matter if it's "good" or not. I'll play it out of morbid curiousity if nothing else. Plus it would be funny and ironic if it turned out to be financially successful.

As Rancid says, Gearbox is a good choice to finish it. They're pretty current in what makes a fun an interesting game, unlike some devs who seem really out of touch with current tastes and expectations.

17. nintenho

Veteran

I think it'll be fun. There was an article I read about DNF a few months ago where it explained that they would have really great gameplay ideas that worked well in practice but then they would keep adding stuff to it and perfecting everything and then sometimes scrapping the ideas if there was any tiny little issue. I guess they wanted to aim high enough to justify the development cycle and that put them in eternal limbo, I hope that Gearbox can take what's left and salvage it into an above average or maybe even a great shooter.

It'll be interesting to see how T2 markets it. Duke isn't really popular anymore outside of the hardcore and the graphics might be a little rough.

18. brain_stew

Regular

Only two weapon slots................. :cry:

19. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Does it matter that much :?:

20. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Dangerously Mirthful
    Legend

Yeah, but separate keys for grenades and trip mines so they don't count as weapons for slot purposes.