Picture viewer recommendations?

cafevincent

Newcomer
I've been using ADCSee (3.1 mostly and I've tested all the later versions) but I'm not pleased with any of them. They just can't properly enlarge an image to fit the screen because they do it without filtering. I've lost any hope of actually seeing a version of ACDSee that would have this fixed so I ask you: What choices do I have?

I have not yet found a faster, more usable program than ACDSee Classic.

ACDsee Classic? Is that newer than 3.1?

Goddamnit, I opened this thread in the expectation someone would have posted a link to some Opensource/otherwise free program that does what ACDsee does so well but better :cry:

Goddamnit, I opened this thread in the expectation someone would have posted a link to some Opensource/otherwise free program that does what ACDsee does so well but better :cry:

Well I've never used ACDsee but you could try GIMP or GNU Image Manipulation Program, which is free. (I don't know if it does it any better than ACDsee though).

Well its been some time since I tried irfanview so I tried it again but it still doesn't match the easy image browsing/viewing interface of ACDsee :nope:

No, ACDSee Classic is just the last version of the ACDSee 2 line.

Xnview is nice.
Why yes it is :D
I found it via a different forum & was just going to report it here but I see now that I was preceded.

I have now selected Xnview as my official ACDsee replacement :yep2:

Back