Phil Spencer Goes Down Under

Had existed a top 10 Personality list of 2016, Phil Spencer would be the number 1 for me. He is an example of how things are well done, pure talent, made very important decisions, very very difficult ones. And all of them the right decisions. He resurrected a totally putrid corpse and transformed it into a swan.

He has class, if he feels like he has to congratulate Sony or Naughty Dog, or Nintendo for the NES MINI or the Switch, he does that.

Xbox has gained status thanks to him. With him leading, with him in charge of the Xbox project, an user can be sure that the new console is going to be worth it. Because of the simple fact that the captain, the true artificer, the thinking head behind all that project is Phil Spencer.

He is a reliable person. Why? Because all the decisions he made, he made them well.

An example, decisions wise. The great great personality of this year 2016. And I would say it's worthy of studying. I mean it's worthy of studying in the university what Phil Spencer has done.
101 marketing lesson:

"Spend a good chunk of money in price cuts or temporary deals and give the consumers what they want"

An example, decisions wise. The great great personality of this year 2016. And I would say it's worthy of studying. I mean it's worthy of studying in the university what Phil Spencer has done.
You're saying he should of been person of the year instead of Trump? you're one of the best posters here Cyan

Going from a video console that was totally dead, totally defeated, like the Xbox One, to one that makes a comeback, that resurrects, and that today is seen as a product more attractive than the competition

Amen... lemme power on my PS4 again

101 marketing lesson:

"Spend a good chunk of money in price cuts or temporary deals and give the consumers what they want"
Do you think he did that? I think so.
You're saying he should of been person of the year instead of Trump? you're one of the best posters here Cyan
;) Trump would be my top 1 cyberdemon
Cyan :love: Phil, Cyan :love: Phil...
maybe yours is true love for him, my little buccaneer. See you in the long queue of Scorpio's launch day?

Reading Cyan's worship of Phil Spencer, I thought he brought world peace and cured cancer at the same time :p

more JRPGs please
L7Bykp1.jpg

I wish Microsoft could make a service like EA Access only for Japanese games to support Japanese developers/publishers and also to introducing Japanese games to Xbox gamers.

I don't think I follow Phil Spencer's tweet, is he saying Microsoft had to pay to get FFXV out on Xbox One? It's not delivering to just let publishers support your platform, delivering is making it happen, i.e. paying for it to happen.

Did Microsoft have to pay for FFXV?!?!

MS didn't pay anything to my knowledge, the tweet is structured to pretend he had a role in getting FFXV on the platform, and that now he is going to do ever more... But he had nothing to do with XV; Larry Nelson was head of PR before Phil took his place, and XV got signed under Larry Nelson

I don't think I follow Phil Spencer's tweet, is he saying Microsoft had to pay to get FFXV out on Xbox One? It's not delivering to just let publishers support your platform, delivering is making it happen, i.e. paying for it to happen.

Did Microsoft have to pay for FFXV?!?!
probably not, judging by this tweet,

Nova Crystallis ‏@Nova_Crystallis

Switch support is under "consideration" for #FFXIV just as XBO

But he had nothing to do with XV; Larry Nelson was head of PR before Phil took his place, and XV got signed under Larry Nelson

I think you're confused. Larry Hryb aka "Major Nelson" is officially Director of Programming for Xbox Live. His job hasn't changed since 2003. Phil Spencer took over as Head of Xbox back in March 2014 8 months after Don Mattrick left the company. Before that Phil was head of Microsoft Studios. None of them are heads of PR. Yusuf Mehdi is the chief marketing and strategy officer for Xbox and Aaron Greenberg is head of Xbox Games marketing.

Tommy McClain

So it was an alternative fact. Gotchya.
I just read it as, people was happy to have ff15 on x1, and he's going to try and get more.
that doesn't mean he got ff15 personally, just that he recognises people are happy that it's on the x1 platform.
I know it can be hard to interpret things, especially tweets sometimes, but people seem to go out of their way at times.

if you really want alternative facts, just read some posts.

So it was an alternative fact. Gotchya.

The idea that MS paid for FFXV came from you, not him! Kinda harsh to blame him for that "alternative fact" don't you think? ;)

You could argue that he was inferring this even though he didn't state it (as a fact or in any other way), but tweets are such a lossy way of communicating that I think it's best to try not infer too much (even though I'm sure we all end up doing it from time to time!).

I think you're confused. Larry Hryb aka "Major Nelson" is officially Director of Programming for Xbox Live. His job hasn't changed since 2003. Phil Spencer took over as Head of Xbox back in March 2014 8 months after Don Mattrick left the company. Before that Phil was head of Microsoft Studios. None of them are heads of PR. Yusuf Mehdi is the chief marketing and strategy officer for Xbox and Aaron Greenberg is head of Xbox Games marketing.

Tommy McClain

To add further context to where Phil Spencer stands in the MS corporate hierarchy, as Head of Xbox there is only one direct report (Terry Myerson - Executive VP of Windows & Devices division) between him and CEO Satya Nadella.

Back