PGR4: New Snow on the Ring trailer

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by 22psi, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Many monitors support 120Hz or more, depends on resolution. Some even do 200Hz+. Vsync on and tripple buffer 'hack' to keep the fps high.

2. iceberg187

Regular

3. Inquisitive_Idiot

Regular

NEW HANDS ON

Rest can be found: Here

4. 22psi

Veteran

That is pretty hot.

5. Tap In

Legend

:cool:

#65 Tap In, Jul 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2007
  6. nintenho

Veteran

GOTY confirmed.

7. chachi

Newcomer

I'm curious to hear what nAo thinks. ;)

8. nintenho

Veteran

oh and beemers confirmed.
    oh my god.

look at the road!
    http://joaomgcd.planetaclix.pt/935830_20070703_screen011.jpg

9. pakotlar

Banned

this, just imo of course, is the best looking new gen game.

10. CEO

CEO
    Newcomer

Oh c'mon you have to be kidding. Its obvious you cant even notice the amount of detail you had in photo mode, while you driving. What BS comparison is that? Its like GTHD, REPLAYS LOOK AWESOME, while racing it looks ...average? The Screens released were all from the photo mode so were Forza's screens. Whats the deal? Its the same artsets so? i give you that aa thing that happens once you stored your image but thats about it.

11. CEO

CEO
    Newcomer

So it has Motorbikes in it? HOLY... aaah wait. How do i powerslide a Powerbike again?

12. almighty

Banned

The deal is photomode is'nt gameplay, so if they are releasing PGR4 shots based from photomode as they did with PGR3 then PGR4 wont look like the newly released screens when im playing it. So people are getting all hyped up over the graphics for nothing.

13. CEO

CEO
    Newcomer

Of course they would. In Phtomode. Those crazy viewangles arent possible while driving. you could go 10mph if you like to see all the glory, yeah go 10mph and change your view to external 3 then move around a little you analog stick to see the full GLORY. makes little to no sense.

And i wouldnt say hyped too. PGR3 player did some kickass photojobs, this time its even more "kickass". thats what it is about. sure it wouldn't be the gameplay, but it is an element and as long as it looks the same, and it does because photomode does not alter anything untill you save, i dont give a cent.

14. almighty

Banned

Im not talking about photomode im talking about the most important aspect of the game, the GAMEPLY. PGR3 looked better in photomode, native 720p rendered and gobs of AF and AA that WERE NOT in the gameplay graphics. So if these PGR4 shots are from phtomode, which according to you they are because of the camera angles then there is a very big chance that like PGR3 the gameplay graphics in the final PGR4 wont look anything like they do in photomode. So PGR4 wont look like the released shots.

15. Obakan

Regular

The ss looks good, especially the lightning.

16. CEO

CEO
    Newcomer

yeah right. thats what i was talking about. photos are indeed in 720p with aa about af i am not that sure. But everyone is expecting it to be 720p and it will be. because pgr3 was rushed out as everyone knows. so keep up your hopes :)

Here some screens btw. of the amazing bikes, yeah i know photomode.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/183/reviews/935830_20070703_screen015.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/183/reviews/935830_20070703_screen017.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/183/reviews/935830_20070703_screen020.jpg

17. Phil

Phil wipEout bastard
    Veteran

I agree with almighty - showing "photo-mode" aspects of the game and implying that they are in-game gameplay shots is very disturbing. That includes Gran Turismo or any other game doing the same as well. Screenshots labeled as "photo-mode" screens isn't the problem - them passing of photo-mode screenshots as gameplay ones is.

18. nintenho

Veteran

you'd probably notice a lot less detail in pgr3's photomode. it blurred things and the pop-up was a lot more noticeable if you moved the camera next to and away from the buildings. I'm pretty sure the AA was higher though.

19. aselto

Regular

The game will look like teasers. Slightly worse image quality, but still very similar and still beautiful. The teasers were work in progress, so we actually can see some improvements over them.:smile:

Anyway, I'd love to see a video with motorcycles to know how they handle. It's my biggest concern now.

20. CEO

CEO
    Newcomer

is it just me or are bizzares bikes more impressive to look at in terms of modelling than climax's?