PGR4: New Snow on the Ring trailer

I was under the impression that there is not a single piece of hardware out, that can actually show 120fps? Im sure the difference between 120fps and 60fps is quite noticeable but since i have never actually been able to compare it i wouldn't know.

Rendering it is nothing special, i remember running Q3:A at 333fps.

Many monitors support 120Hz or more, depends on resolution. Some even do 200Hz+. Vsync on and tripple buffer 'hack' to keep the fps high.

93583020070703screen001ya5.jpg

NEW HANDS ON

With Microsoft's two big console racing franchises, Forza Motorsport and Project Gotham Racing, getting released is a matter of taking turns... We recently tried out PGR4 for the first time and found that the game is still just as fun as we remember it, whether on four wheels or two.

Rest can be found: Here

:cool:

Photo mode will also be part of PGR4, and you'll be able to share both your pictures and video of your best drives with an online service dubbed PGR On Demand--essentially a YouTube-like feature that will let you share clips and pictures with other PGR fans. Producers said the game will have a Web presence that will tie in to this feature but haven't released details yet on how it will all work together.... .With online races supporting up to eight cars, gorgeous graphics, and the same addictive gameplay you've come to expect from the series, PGR4 can't get here soon enough. The new twists to the gameplay formula--from motorcycles to weather effects and the team-based concepts--all seem like positive additions and are likely going to add a whole new layer of excitement to this successful driving series. With several months to go before release,

Last edited by a moderator:
IMHO? No

Link1

Link2

Link3

The released game was missing most of the excess geometry that was used to model extruded brick surfaces and stuff like fire escapes. The buildings in the final release were just bland conpared to the relased "hype" shots IMHO

Oh c'mon you have to be kidding. Its obvious you cant even notice the amount of detail you had in photo mode, while you driving. What BS comparison is that? Its like GTHD, REPLAYS LOOK AWESOME, while racing it looks ...average? The Screens released were all from the photo mode so were Forza's screens. Whats the deal? Its the same artsets so? i give you that aa thing that happens once you stored your image but thats about it.

The Screens released were all from the photo mode so were Forza's screens. Whats the deal?

The deal is photomode is'nt gameplay, so if they are releasing PGR4 shots based from photomode as they did with PGR3 then PGR4 wont look like the newly released screens when im playing it. So people are getting all hyped up over the graphics for nothing.

The deal is photomode is'nt gameplay, so if they are releasing PGR4 shots based from photomode as they did with PGR3 then PGR4 wont look like the newly released screens when im playing it. So people are getting all hyped up over the graphics for nothing.

Of course they would. In Phtomode. Those crazy viewangles arent possible while driving. you could go 10mph if you like to see all the glory, yeah go 10mph and change your view to external 3 then move around a little you analog stick to see the full GLORY. makes little to no sense.

And i wouldnt say hyped too. PGR3 player did some kickass photojobs, this time its even more "kickass". thats what it is about. sure it wouldn't be the gameplay, but it is an element and as long as it looks the same, and it does because photomode does not alter anything untill you save, i dont give a cent.

Of course they would. In Phtomode. Those crazy viewangles arent possible while driving. you could go 10mph if you like to see all the glory, yeah go 10mph and change your view to external 3 then move around a little you analog stick to see the full GLORY. makes little to no sense.

And i wouldnt say hyped too. PGR3 player did some kickass photojobs, this time its even more "kickass". thats what it is about. sure it wouldn't be the gameplay, but it is an element and as long as it looks the same, and it does because photomode does not alter anything untill you save, i dont give a cent.

Im not talking about photomode im talking about the most important aspect of the game, the GAMEPLY. PGR3 looked better in photomode, native 720p rendered and gobs of AF and AA that WERE NOT in the gameplay graphics. So if these PGR4 shots are from phtomode, which according to you they are because of the camera angles then there is a very big chance that like PGR3 the gameplay graphics in the final PGR4 wont look anything like they do in photomode. So PGR4 wont look like the released shots.

Im not talking about photomode im talking about the most important aspect of the game, the GAMEPLY. PGR3 looked better in photomode, native 720p rendered and gobs of AF and AA that WERE NOT in the gameplay graphics. So if these PGR4 shots are from phtomode, which according to you they are because of the camera angles then there is a very big chance that like PGR3 the gameplay graphics in the final PGR4 wont look anything like they do in photomode. So PGR4 wont look like the released shots.

yeah right. thats what i was talking about. photos are indeed in 720p with aa about af i am not that sure. But everyone is expecting it to be 720p and it will be. because pgr3 was rushed out as everyone knows. so keep up your hopes :)

Here some screens btw. of the amazing bikes, yeah i know photomode.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/183/reviews/935830_20070703_screen015.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/183/reviews/935830_20070703_screen017.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/183/reviews/935830_20070703_screen020.jpg

I agree with almighty - showing "photo-mode" aspects of the game and implying that they are in-game gameplay shots is very disturbing. That includes Gran Turismo or any other game doing the same as well. Screenshots labeled as "photo-mode" screens isn't the problem - them passing of photo-mode screenshots as gameplay ones is.

you'd probably notice a lot less detail in pgr3's photomode. it blurred things and the pop-up was a lot more noticeable if you moved the camera next to and away from the buildings. I'm pretty sure the AA was higher though.

The game will look like teasers. Slightly worse image quality, but still very similar and still beautiful. The teasers were work in progress, so we actually can see some improvements over them.:smile:

Anyway, I'd love to see a video with motorcycles to know how they handle. It's my biggest concern now.

is it just me or are bizzares bikes more impressive to look at in terms of modelling than climax's?

Back