Pelly Opens his Site: PC Perspective!!!

Ratchet said:
bah, you beat me to my edit :oops:

Tee-hee-hee-hee! Caught ya in a ninja edit, I HATE when people do that to me! :LOL:

Besides, I was just joking Ratchet...I wasn't offended. I freely admit and admitted that I screwed up. :oops:

Ratchet, you've been watching one too many X-Files episodes...

Yes, years ago I worked for nV News...I then moved to work for Kyle at HardOCP...Though your selective memory might now allow you to remember this, HardOCP's review of the 5600/5200 was one of the first to come right out and say image quality was waaay under par....We showed the filtering errors and such with the drivers....etc...Needless to say, it was anything but positive for NVIDIA.

OMG....I wonder who wrote that article???

;)

Bub bye, drive home safely... 8)

Joe DeFuria said:
Randell said:
Yes we do - Pelly has been around a long time. Now base your judgement on wehat you've seen before.

Only as a writer / author. Not as the final say in his own content.
Heck, everytime he posts he's having the final say in his own content...same way I am. ;)

pelly said:

Yes, years ago I worked for nV News...I then moved to work for Kyle at HardOCP...Though your selective memory might now allow you to remember this, HardOCP's review of the 5600/5200 was one of the first to come right out and say image quality was waaay under par....We showed the filtering errors and such with the drivers....etc...Needless to say, it was anything but positive for NVIDIA.

;)

don't forget who told you about it in the first place ;)

Nice site btw Sean, Looks pretty cool!

If an editor ever has to drastically change their article to appease the owner/operator and the article gets posted that way...that editor has no credibility whatsoever unless there was some information/perspective that was missed. When I worked for Mike @ nV News, he certainly never forced me to change my opinion. Working for Kyle, I NEVER had anything shoved down my throat. Rather, we would have an intelligent conversation making our points and then the executive decision would be made. Kyle has the right recipe guys...the size of the website proves it...

In the end, the editor should never post something they don't believe....And when you do believe it, have the balls to post it...

With this specific article, I felt that I should share all the information at my disposal and let the reader make up their own mind. When the time comes for the cards to come out, we will all see once and for all. If you read the article expecting a conclusion and I didn't cater to that....well, sorry...The point being, there were disclaimers all over the place...just to ensure that people understood this was only an editorial on the subject...not the final and definitive answer.

I have said my part time and time again, and will no mercifully put down the bat and leave this dead horse alone...

For now, put the torches down and wait for a review...if you have issues then, by all means we can go another round...Until then, go play some games...

Have a good one guys... :D

Hell yeah Brent....you've always been on top of things!

Stay outta trouble man....good to hear from ya!

pelly said:

;)

My selective memory also recalls that said article had to be held back (quite a bit) to rework some of it. Why that is I'm not going to speculate, I'm just saying my memory isn't as bad as you might think. ;)

Alright...I wasn't going to post on this anymore...but since Dave came out, I think I response is in order...

Brent and I talked while I was writing the article...Chances are high that these very forums (and Dave himself) contributed/came up with the idea in the first place...

Regardless of who/what/when...I hope you all understand my point...When punches need to be thrown, they will be thrown....regardless of which vendor it is...PCP will never be a fan website for a particular vendor...

In the future...anytime you feel like a review or opinion is favoring a vendor in any way, share your comments directly with me and I will be sure to respond. Chances are, you're taking something the wrong way or reading waaay too far into something...Regardless, all emails will be answered...

pelly@pcperspective.com

Done for real this time... ;)

pelly said:
Regardless of who/what/when...I hope you all understand my point...When punches need to be thrown, they will be thrown....regardless of which vendor it is...PCP will never be a fan website for a particular vendor...

To be clear, I'm not accusing you of being anyone's b*tch. ;)

I'm simply saying that one particular part of the article is shoddy.

FYI: "We are using no such thing as an 'internal bridge', its a native PCI-Express solution" -- Chris Evenden, PR Director ATI.

Thats the official line.

Back