PC -> HDMI -> TV = washed out text?

So it works great if you dont use hdmi on a tv that only has hdmi - How do you know ?
The previous one did, it worked the same through hdmi as the current one.

Anyway, I have been fiddling with it for half an hour, did a calibration test and I'm satisfied. Everything now looks as it should. :D

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Adjust Sharpness Setting

The SIMPLEST, EASIEST and ONLY solution I found was to adjust the 1080p TV monitor's SHARPNESS setting to its LOWEST level or put it close to '0' (i.e., if the setting indicates '0' = low and '10' = high).

All of these advices such as changing HDMI/DVI cables, adjusting overscan, screen size, font smoothing under Windows, etc. does NOT work. I've tried them all to no avail.

Adjusting the screen resolution under Windows 7 or 8.1 to 1920 X 1080 (interlace) instead of (progressive) with refresh rate of either 25, 29, 30Hz may help a little.

But for me I set the SHARPNESS to '0' and left the Resolution to 1920 X 1080 (progressive) and Refresh Rate at 60Hz.

My Samsung tv also annoying like that. My cheap ass Chinese TV work awesome out of the box because it have zero "picture process" feature lol.

The sharpness setting does affect text heavily. But I found that enabling the video deblocking also smoothen text.

Although in the end I still can't make my Samsung output picture as clear as my cheap Chinese TV

Back