Paying people back

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
If a bunch of people at Beyond3D have helped you, should you give those people money?
Doesn't it feel as though people are helping you can you can't really help them with anything so the only thing left to do is to give them money?

Is this normal practice? I'm not an expert on human behaviour or anything but what would be the logical thing to do to help someone that you can't help?
I feel funny when I recieve help and can't give anything back.
Unfortunately at this time I don't have any money because I don't work but my mum frequently gives me $2 for lunch money so I can't pay anyone as of yet.

In Hollywood movies the people usually get married, but I'm saving myself for Natoma. :p

Doesn't it feel as though people are helping you can you can't really help them with anything so the only thing left to do is to give them money?
No.

Especially when you have no money yourself.

In the future you may pay your debt to society by offering help and your experience to others in your position. Even then that is not a given. The advice and help offered to you was probably given unconditionally so don't worry about it.

You could probably start helping by not trying to wind people up on purpose with your outrageous statements at times... :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean?
I don't wind people up.
At least I have no knowledge about it, if I done something wrong.
Have I done something wrong?

You could probably start helping by not trying to wind people up on purpose with your outrageous statements at times...

K.I.L.E.R said:
Unfortunately at this time I don't have any money because I don't work but my mum frequently gives me $2 for lunch money so I can't pay anyone as of yet.

Christ on a bike what could $2 possibly buy you for lunch?
You can't even get chips and gravy for that.

here I can eat for 2.65€ at the universitary restaurant ("Restau U"), very decent quality and quantity, the bread sucks but apart from that it's fine.
much cheaper than going to Macdo (maxi menu + extra cheeseburger, it's three times more expensive and it sucks)

Theres a plethora of useful people on this forum who deserve more credit than e-gratitude. A few that come to mind that have been extremely helpful in numerous instances where I have approached with an issue include Chalnoth, Digitalwanderer and xxx. I've grown to rely on this forum when it comes to help, computer wise, and can always expect someone to assist me, and not let one of my numerous threads die in silence. For that I am thankful yet unfortunately cannot compensate you all with anything other than my stupid input and limitless gratitude.

If you want to pay back the help you get here, help someone else out when they have a problem you can deal with.

Hell, why do you think I try and be so helpful? Damn near everything about PCs I've learned from the boards, I feel obligated to help out anyone I can. :)

Blazkowicz_ said:
here I can eat for 2.65€ at the universitary restaurant ("Restau U"), very decent quality and quantity, the bread sucks but apart from that it's fine.
much cheaper than going to Macdo (maxi menu + extra cheeseburger, it's three times more expensive and it sucks)
God, I don't know why anybody would eat at MacDonald's. Their food is so horrible. Nearly every other burger joint in the US is better than they are.

I usually eat at Carl's Jr. for lunch. They've got one at the closer of the two University eateries, and it's got decent food. Costs a fair bit, though (I usually pay right around $6 for a burger and a drink).

Back