Pandaboard: Beagleboard's OMAP4 based successor?

ODROID-S = 480*320
ODROID-T = 1360*768

Galaxy S Tab score is available now too by the way. 1769@1024*600

Oh and some Kwaak3 on IMG's own site:

http://www.imgtec.com/demo_room/vie...OWERVR Graphics&DemoDev=Imagination&#ViewPort

1080p@ ~60fps

Sounds like Moorestown.

That's quite a step up from how Quake 3 performs in Windows! :p

Even Intel's "high end" Netbook platform with mature drivers performs way worse than that. I have to revert to vertex lighting if I want a fast framerate (though still not 60fps) @ 1024x600 in Quake Live when I run it on this Atom netbook (w/ GMA 950).

That's quite a step up from how Quake 3 performs in Windows! :p

Even Intel's "high end" Netbook platform with mature drivers performs way worse than that. I have to revert to vertex lighting if I want a fast framerate (though still not 60fps) @ 1024x600 in Quake Live when I run it on this Atom netbook (w/ GMA 950).

Well I hope that's at least with (real) trilinear filtering.

It's on a completely different plane of existence to an Arduino, never mind just being one on steroids.

Alright, so what is the cost?

I'd love to turn this into a PSP RemoteJoy server, capable of using both USB and bluetooth controllers.

I finally ordered a pandaboard but it seems to be massively backordered on digikey so not sure how much time it will take to arrive.
Anyone here gotten one?

No, kinda problematic ordering it from Europe and I`d wait for a case to show up for it.

Im considering getting a "WD TV Live Hub", whole firmware is available as source for homebrewing, already makes a great Mediaserver/Player without tinkering and unlike the Pandaboard it has an internal Sata HDD

We have a bunch here for various reasons (mostly demo development at the moment). I guess we just ordered early, or made eyes at TI or something. I feed a bit bad that there's a backlog of orders at digikey, because the one on my desk hasn't seen a boot since before Christmas!

We have a bunch here for various reasons (mostly demo development at the moment). I guess we just ordered early, or made eyes at TI or something. I feed a bit bad that there's a backlog of orders at digikey, because the one on my desk hasn't seen a boot since before Christmas!

Can I ask what OS have you been using? If you have tried Ubuntu on it, how was it running?

Ubuntu and Android so far (mostly Ubuntu). Ubuntu works fine, although (IMHO anyway) the default distribution and enabled services are a little bloated for devices like Pandaboard.

i've been backordered since early november; had to call Digikey & tell them to extend the order to last until June & not just cancel it. i called 10-14 days ago, they were saying second half of February was their most recent date for fulfillment. will give em a call again in another week and get another situation report.

looks like a great piece of hardware. should make a great car computer.

Back